Questions about periods... please don't laugh

xSamanthax

DD1, DS1 and 1 Angel
Reaction score
Ok it's kinda embarrassing to be asking this but i have never tracked my periods, me and the OH have always NTNP, so after my MC and finally getting :bfn: today i'm just waiting for my :af: to come then we are going to TTC.

What i'm wanting to ask is (once your :af: is back to normal) how do you know how long your cycle is? I mean i know most people have a 28 day one, so do you just count 28 days from the first day of :af: and that is when its due again?? i really don't know :blush:

I was told to class the 15th as CD1 as that is when i had my heavy bleeding and passed my Baby Angel :cry: so i'm trying to work it out from there, when roughly if it stays 'normal' when :af: should be due, i know its a waiting game as it can take longer, i just like rough dates lol

Good Question Samantha!!

I really dont know how i should be tracking mine, i normally have a 28/29 day cycle and im well over that.

Ive just worked out from what you said about classing the 15th as your cd1, so ive done the same from the 16th Dec and if AF returned within the 28 days it would of been 12th of Jan so ive counted another 28 days from that which will mean i should or hopefully get my period on the 9th Feb!! God its sooo confusing! x

It really is confusing Gem! I've had a look and if i do have a 28 day AF then i should of OV anywhere from the 25th to the 29th .. i did have CM that week (sorry tmi) and even some clear 'egg' white kinda CM which on one website says its your most fertile so i'm hoping that means i did OV which keeps me on track if you get what i mean.

So going from all that, my AF should be due around the 12th i think! i'm just not sure if i worked it out right lol :wacko:

It's not a silly question at all. Loads of people don't understand it and don't ask, which is worse!
Your cycle is counted from the 1st day of your period until the first day of your next. There is huge variation in normal cycle length with some women only having a 21 day cycle to others going much much longer.
The only way to truly know how long your cycle will be is to wait and see, especially the first one after miscarriage.
There seem to be a lot of suggestions to count CD1 as the day the baby is passed in MC, but it doesn't always work like that.
If the cycle was going to be 28 days you would ov roughly around day 14. Ovulation is usually 2 weeks before your next period, so if you have a longer cycle it will be later (35 day cycle would ov day 21, 42 days cycle would ov day 28). However, not everyone follows this exactly and some people ovulate sooner or later in the cycle.
The easiest way to predict ovulation and your period after would be to chart and track possible ovulation (again this is trickier after a miscarriage and CM changes so much) or use OPK sticks, then expect AF or BFP 2 weeeks after ovulation.
In your situation I would go for the BDing on alternate days approach then test on day 28 and weekly after that if no AF.
Hopefully that way you will get a BFP soon or can monitor over a few cycles until things have settled.
Hope that makes sense!

Thanks diverdi, that does make sense. I'm not going to TTC until i've had AF and i'm going to get some OPK's to help aswell. Hopefully AF comes soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->