questions about temping charts

Brookegarrett

Reaction score
I am considering temping...where do u get a temping chart and how do you put it on your signature....Thanks for all help!!

If you go to fertilityfriend.com, they have an awesome charting system that you just input your daily temp each morning and they do the chart for you. I highly recommend charting, it gives you an idea a day or 2 before AF if you're pregnant or not because if your temps start falling, you know AF is on her way, but if they stay high, it's your first indication of possible pg! Plus, it's neat to see them coincide with your OPK's---if I hadn't been temping I wouldn't have known that my body didn't O the first time it tried this month.
Good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi hun just click on my siggy for my cycle and it will take you to the fertility friend site, they even do charting courses which are really useful. Good luck. x

Thanks so much!! i ordered my basal thermometer today...i am not due for AF til the 23-24 but im hoping it doesnt show:)...i will start temping as soon as i start....i am sure i will have lots of questions along the way:))

OK i have questions already..i started my FF account...how do i know when i ovulate...what happens to my temp at different parts of my cycle (ex: ovulation, post O, etc.)

there are charting lessons you can take but if you have any questions fire away. typically during the first part of your cycle estrogen is the hormone in charge which builds in intesity to stimulate other hormones to make you ov this lowers your temp after ov progesterone in in charge which increases your temp. this causes a clear distinction between before and after ov on you chart. the last day ovf lower temps is usually ov day. good luck. x

A day or 2 usually before AF your temps will start dropping and then you usually know AF is on her way. Then, when she comes (which HOPEFULLY SHE DOESN'T!) your temps will stay pretty low until you get your positive on your OPK. Around that time your you'll notice your temps rise and you'll be able to tell you for sure O'd. You should be able to look at the chart near the end of your cycle and see a clear shift from low temps to higher temps. Ex, my temps before O are pretty low 96.3-97.18 and then after O they're about 97.18-97.9.
Also, I think the first month fertility friend gives you free "VIP" access where they will tell you when they think you O'd based off your temps, OPKs, CM ect.
Please tell me this makes some sense, because I feel like I'm really rambling!

Today is CD 30 for me and AF is due, my temp hasn't dropped yet and last time I was PG today is when I got my first faint positive. Today, my temp hasn't dropped but there was no 2nd line on my test :( I think my cycle was a little screwy though, and I'm not even 100% positive I O'd. Ugg...

I loooooove charting! FF will confirm ovulation for you a few days after and you learn so much about your cycle looking back at the charts. :thumbup:

You may want to get some ovulation tests if you aren't already doing them to see when you get your surge. Its just that ff will confirm ovulation after it happened but the ovulation tests will tell you when you are ovulating. x

I may just b dumb bc I'm not quite gettin it I will start tempin first day of my cycle if it comes... Thanks for all ur help it has explained lots!

To be honest it doesn't make much sense when you first start but once you have a month of temping done and you look back on your cycle then it starts to make sense and you then see a pattern every month.

Good luck. :thumbup: xxx

If you can try and temp vaginally, it sounds icky but it give you a MUCH smoother more accurate chart. Remember, keep you thermometer at the side of your bed and don't move around or talk before you temp. Take it at the same time EVERY day (even weekends) :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->