Questions. I'm taking Caitlyn swimming tomorrow.

S

Serene123

My Nan and Grandad have an indoor swimming pool and I know no one infected has been in there so I'm not worried about waiting for her second and third lot of injections. Anyway, a few questions if you've taken your LO swimming before:

• Water on her face / in her eyes, O.K. or no-no?
  • How long is she allowed in there for?
  • Do I wait an hour after her bottle?
  • Chlorine won't do her any damage, right?
  • Going under the water, allowed?

i would have sed water on face is fine
wait an hour after bottle
and cant see y it wud be damaging ive seen lil babies in pools before
and id say stay in ther till she doesnt wana any more

oh and u lucky moo wish i new sum1 with an indoor pool lol x x x

I love taking Marlie swimming. I usually keep her in for about 15 minutes. She would stay in longer, but by 15 minutes she starts to look cold and her feet and hands start turning blue. Keep an eye out for that to help you tell when to take Caitlyn out.

The chlorine hasn't affected Marlie at all, but I do always wash her after and then put lotion on her.

I've put her in straight after a feed. It's easier to get the sick off when she spits up. lol

You're braver than I am as I haven't wanted to put her face under water, although I hear they have a reflex that makes them hold their breath!

Have fun!

Water on her face / in her eyes, O.K. or no-no?
Small drops, get her used to it

How long is she allowed in there for?
Half an hour is the advised time

Do I wait an hour after her bottle?
I've always gave kyle some of his bottle, then hes had the rest n gone for a sleep when he got out (But he has never took a bottle at once anyway)

Chlorine won't do her any damage, right?
Nope, perfectly fine.

Going under the water, allowed?
No, you can take babies swimming lessons, they learn hold their breath eventually that way.

She probably wont be to keen the first go, but keep it up and she'll like it more each time x

I was watching this program on TV and there were mommies trying to teach their babies to swim..
They would always go "1..2..3.." and then blow in the babies face and dip them under and bring them right back up.
Supposedly the blowing in their face made them hold their breath. I've never taken Colton swimming, but have blown in his face and it really does make him hold his breath.

Anyways.. good luck! Hope she enjoys swim time! :D

I have put max in the pool since he was 2 weeks old and he loved it lol
I tried once to put hs head under water and yeah that didnt work he did not hold his breath lol so he dranksome water and was extreamyl upset with me

he get all red screamed and his arms were flaling lol poor lil dude

I've taken Bella swimming since 6 weeks. She loves it. I don't wait the 30 mins. after feeding, because she's really not swimming, she's just hanging out. After about 30 mins. in the pool she's tired and wants to get out and sleep. I actually was just reading an article about chlorine fumes not being good for babies and especially in indoor pools. The pool we go to is salt water.

Nah, unfortunately we will have to wait untill next time. My nan and grandad had been away and only got back yesterday morning so the pool hasn't been cleaned and we don't want to risk madam getting unwell!

aw ok :D i want to take ciarans but i kinda scared lol incase he dorwns or something lol

I bought her a 3-12month rubber ring thing to sit in. She's unlikely to drown in there, I hope!

aww where did you get that :D i niver knew you could get 1s for there size

I've also bougt a ring that even has some little toys on the front so he can just chill and play in the pool.

I have been warned against using a floatation device as they learn to rely on it inside of learning to "swim" themselves. I guess I'll just do a combination of holding him and using the ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->