questions... m/c, then chimical..

michkotte

Reaction score
Hello girls..

I wish I did not know about chemical, wish I had not tested early... anyway!
I had a m/c in October at 8w 5d, and now chemical. Does chemical counts as a 2nd m/c? I am just trying to find out if the statistics are on my side to get my sticky bean... I am worried I may be out of the game...
Thanks

Sorry for your losses. I had a chemical in october and yes it does count as a m/c. It's a very eary m/c. I also had a BO at 12 weeks in July, so like you, I've had 2 mc. I am pg again for the 3rd time and very very nervous. I am waiting for an early scan, hopefully next week. Because we've had 2 previous m/c it means we are more likely to mc again, something like 28% chance but statistics vary. So the odds are still in our favour (72% chance of success) :)

do you have to wait after chemical then?
I am seing my doctor tomorrow and I am not sure what to ask. I would quiet like to get a scan to see if everything is ok...

I was actually advised to wait for 2 cycles before ttc again but we didn't and I fell pg straight after chemical. It's very unlikely they will offer you a scan for a mc that early. How far along were you?

After my chemical I went to the doctor to make sure it was put on my record; sounds like you are going to do the same thing.

Good luck.

I wanted a scan to check I don't have anything wrong.. like fibroids or something like that..
I was 5 weeks.. When you think of all the ladies who never knew they were pg and prob had a chemical!

Yes, that's what happens when you test early eh!

You are unlikely to get any investigations until you've had 3 mc I'm afraid. That is what I have been told by my doctor.

Hey Michkotte, sorry to hear about your news hun, I had one at the beginning of Oct. I am waiting 2 cycles personally but after a natural loss there is no real reason to wait, you can start trying again whenever you are ready, unless it is your 3rd loss then I would go the docs and get investigations started.

However I would just visit the doc so they put it on your record and its in your notes.

Also just one of the reasons some say to wait a cycle is to get dates right, did you miscarry after your expected period date or had you tested early and got your AF normal time? Only askin this because of cycle dates more than anything

Hope you feel better soon x

Hello kittykatbabe!!

Sorry for late reply.

Yes I tested early, then got AF, around the expected time although a bit late... As I had a m/c in October, my cycles very have been weird I use to have a 25-26 days cycle and now it looks like its more 32-34!!!
I will wait 3 cycles I think, I think that my body was probably not ready for a pregnancy after the m/c, that's why I had this chemical. I will def wait until I feel ready.
Good luck to you!

Hi Michkotte,

Me and my OH were talking and he said that he thinks our recent loss was because it may have been so soon afterwards. Nobody knows why they happen, but also think body obviously wasn't ready either, I have had my first cycle and waiting for 2nd one at beginning of Jan, then we are NTNP then and see what happens again. Good luck to you too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->