• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Questions to ask venue

Dory85

Reaction score
Hi ladies.
I have an appointment next week with the venue I am 90% sure we will book. Can anyone tell me what this will most likely involve? Any help in compiling a list of questions to ask them would also be greatly appreciated x

I would ask them what's included in the price (food, what drinks, table linen, decorations, rooms if it's a hotel), when you'll have the venue from and to, what you will and won't have control over (room layout, order of the day, decorations inside and out). No need to go into specifics but it's good to get an overall picture of what you'll be dealing with and what you're getting for your money.

A lot of the time when going for a look around they cover the basics for you! Also they should give you a wedding brochure if they do one as that usually have all the info you need!

At the beginning we mainly asked about numbers, different rooms, prices, food and drink!
What's included and what's not!

Good luck :)

Definitely ask what's included eg linen, cake stand etc. I didn't realise sometimes napkins aren't included as standard!

Maybe ask what time the bar is open until and if you're planning on having a band or a dj not supplied by the venue what they need to show to the wedding planner (ours said they needed to provide a licence for insurance reasons).

I also asked how they would lay tables out as our room was big to cover evening guests and I didn't want it to look bear during the day
Finer details like timings etc will be sorted nearer the time, just get an email address of the planner.

Xx

What's included, what kinda price you're looking at, what food/drink options they have, how many people it can hold etc!

If you get any bedrooms free or discount for guests staying over - what discounts they can do
Do you get a taste testing night for the menu choices?
Will have a look and see if I can see the ones I asked mine.

Thanks guys, we spoke to the church yesterday and have booked 7th April next year. It feels crazy that after 8 years and a baby we're actually getting married!

Thanks guys, we spoke to the church yesterday and have booked 7th April next year. It feels crazy that after 8 years and a baby we're actually getting married!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->