Questions

Belgiansunset

Ellie's Mummy
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I haven't been on here for a few months. Back in Feb I finally got my OH to agree a date for us to start TTC - this November.

My question is this - the nearer you get to the date, do you ever have doubts? I'm not sure if it's just that it's becoming more real and it's a big step so I'm bound to get nervous. I'm just really enjoying life right now, and the thought of having no money and not being able to go on holiday at the drop of a hat, not getting my lie ins on weekends etc seems a bit scary!

I do want a baby, I suppose I've just been making the most of life without one and it will be weird for everything to change.

Another question: When we get to 3 months before TTC I am going to put myself and OH on appropriate vitamins, cut down on alcohol, eat healthy food and get more exercise. What else if anything should I be doing to prepare? Are any of you doing anything like this?

hey hun! YES - really really scared!! It's like it's becoming more real now (but also scared as I haven't achieved all I have wanted.

And yeh, I am on my 2nd month of taking the vitamins. Trying to get healthy as much as possible x

Sounds like you have everything covered health wise.

It is a HUGE step and I defy anyone to not be a teensy bit nervous.. it's all natural hun so don't worry about it. I'm sure once it comes to TTC you'll be anxious to get started, it's just the wait that allows us to over-analyse things!! You'll still have a life, and so much more, with a LO. But if you feel you haven't accomplished everything you wanted from life that you feel you could not do with a LO, there's no harm in putting TTC off for a little while longer.

However, if you've just read that and thought NO WAY! I'm sure you are more than ready. :winkwink: :hugs:

I would highly recommend reading "What to Expect Before You're Expecting" and other books that outline a 90-day prep plan for conception. You can get them for free from the library. :)

I can see why your scared hun, I know when the time comes for us in Jan next year i'll be the same! It is a really big step for both you and your partner but if its something you both want, then its worth it right? :D As for the vitamins etc. im still trying to get advice myself on that front, so i'm sorry for not helping you there.

HUGS hun xxx

Hi everyone. I haven't been on here for a few months. Back in Feb I finally got my OH to agree a date for us to start TTC - this November.

My question is this - the nearer you get to the date, do you ever have doubts? I'm not sure if it's just that it's becoming more real and it's a big step so I'm bound to get nervous. I'm just really enjoying life right now, and the thought of having no money and not being able to go on holiday at the drop of a hat, not getting my lie ins on weekends etc seems a bit scary!

I do want a baby, I suppose I've just been making the most of life without one and it will be weird for everything to change.

Another question: When we get to 3 months before TTC I am going to put myself and OH on appropriate vitamins, cut down on alcohol, eat healthy food and get more exercise. What else if anything should I be doing to prepare? Are any of you doing anything like this?

Yes, yes, yes! You've just described some of my feelings too! As the others have said its more than natural to be a bit anxious and scared. I'm sure its preparing us for the 9 months of worry being pregnant and then the 20 yrs of worry of being a parent! I'd be more alarmed if someone said that they weren't the least bit worried about it tbh.

Thanks for your replies. I've found even more things to worry about now!

We'll be trying in November, so I may get pregnant in the winter which is when the stronger mutations of swine flu are predicted. Not only could that be harmful to an unborn baby but if pregnant women are already being advised not to use public transport at busy times etc, it could be a real problem. I don't want to put off TTC, I'm just having a little worry to myself - what do the rest of you think?

As for the vitamins, we need to start taking them in August so I'd better start doing some serious research! It would be so much easier if they just made a pregnacare equivalent for men!

I think it's human to doubt things, but if you still look on it as an adventure and a positive thing, then it's probably right for you. Becoming a parent for the first time is huge for anyone, and nobody knows what to expect until they have that baby in their arms. As long as you both come back around to wanting a baby, then go ahead and try :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->