quick cures for mouth ulcers anyone???

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone knew any quick cures for ulcers?

i have been brushing my teeth more and using salt water, medicated mouthwash and pure salt on them nothing seems to be really helping, i had one yesterday and woke up with 4/5.... i am trying to get rid of them because they are a bloody nightmare to have....

anyone know any good quick cures for them???

I used to get Loads when I was younger the only thing that I found helped me then were Rinstead pastilles, you can get them from boots.

When I tried to put a link in a few weeks ago it didn't work, but here goes:

https://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/st...ntryType=2&searchTerm=rinstread&newDepSearch=

My mum uses bonjela, but personally i cant stand the stuff!!

I was told to stay away from too much fruit as they can make them worse.

Hope you get rid of them soon.

xxx

thanks hun bonjella doesn't do anything to me. i have been advised to start steriod to stop them as never had rid of them :( wil check out link when on computer

Hope that you find something that works hun X

thanks hun sadly nothing has been working just trying to give it time and hope they go away :( but ah well don't think there is a quick cure lol

take vitamin c tablets everyday! hellps them not come back :)

i take 3-4 vit c a day lol doesn't do anything sadly, i have actually been told Vit C and citris acid can cause them to worsen? i always take more vit c when i get one though, thankfully since this post they have gone but got really bad but finally disapeared on thier own after i used medicated mouthwash.

Also there is a diffrent bonjela for adults 16+ only and I find that helps!

Anbesol liquid, stings like hell for the first few seconds but then numbs them and helps heal them up!

whats that? where can you buy? might get some for next flare up

Its numbing liquid meant for teething, but also does for ulcers, toothache etc aswell. You can get it from most chemists, Boots definatley sell it but you need to ask over the pharmacy counter for it.

Hey :) i get these quite alot, i actually have one now...
I use Corsodyl mouthwash, i've tried the bonjela (doesn't help me but i love the taste haha) and the pastilles but this is the only thing which helped me x

Could you have a vitamin B6 deficiency? I get sores and stuff if I don't get enough. I get mine mainly on my tongue. I take supplement so they stay away, don't know if it will help, but thought I'd say something.

always possible little monster, i take a multivit but maybe its not enough.

Hey :) i get these quite alot, i actually have one now...
I use Corsodyl mouthwash, i've tried the bonjela (doesn't help me but i love the taste haha) and the pastilles but this is the only thing which helped me x

Same for me-i swear by corsodyl!

thanks hun use that all year round anyways.

I get them all year round too!!! I once counted 17 in my mouth at one time!!! excrusiating!!!!

Anbesol liquid (not gel!!!) is best as it doesn't slide off!!!

the little ones i get on my tongue, like white balls (raised buds) i find it best to bite them off!!!........ hurts like hell initially but then gone!!!

yeah i waas told to try and suck the crap out of the ones i could etc and then use antibactrial mouthwash or TCP but usually still get them will check out anbesol liquid not got any atm thankfully :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->