Quick ?? Hope to get some replies this time

mrshallowell

Reaction score
Ok so I turned 33 this January and have been ttc for 1 1/2 yrs with no luck. With my previous 6 pregnancies (one ending in mc) I had no trouble conceiving. Does anyone know if my age has something to do with it?? I just don't know what to do anymore. Thanks in advance!!:hugs:

Best thing to do is see your doctor, fertility changes so much. Age can effect it but at 33 I don't think it should. I'm no doctor though x

At age 33, it's still considered normal to take up to 12 normal ovulatory cycles to conceive. It shouldn't be much affected beyond that. If you've had a MC in that time, that can have an effect. You should check with your doctor to have some tests run.

Are you tracking your cycles? Confirming ovulation? What methods are you using, or are you simply NTNP?

At age 33, it's still considered normal to take up to 12 normal ovulatory cycles to conceive. It shouldn't be much affected beyond that. If you've had a MC in that time, that can have an effect. You should check with your doctor to have some tests run.

Are you tracking your cycles? Confirming ovulation? What methods are you using, or are you simply NTNP?
Ntnp I just ordered some ovulation tests online to start next cycle with. My periods are irregular so it's really hard to tell when/if I'm ovulating. I have 5 kids (yes 5) and never had trouble conceiving before. I don't understand what has changed.

Your hormones can change at any time for no real reason. Each pregnancy can have a profound effect on your cycle, too. You may have better luck once you start actively tracking. :) I really recommend temping, too, if you have really irregular cycles. OPKs can detect the LH surge which typically leads to ovulation, but cannot confirm if ovulation actually took place when it should've.

Your hormones can change at any time for no real reason. Each pregnancy can have a profound effect on your cycle, too. You may have better luck once you start actively tracking. :) I really recommend temping, too, if you have really irregular cycles. OPKs can detect the LH surge which typically leads to ovulation, but cannot confirm if ovulation actually took place when it should've.

Oh no!! I thought opks told you that you ARE ovulating!!! So what does temping do?? Can I use a regular thermometer??? Also I did use preseed during one of my pregnancies (which sadly ended in mc at 7weeks) so I might try that again I'm just worried that maybe that caused my mc.

You'll need a BBT thermometer (a good one is under $10 on amazon)... a regular one won't be accurate enough. Temping can give you confirmation of ovulation (your temp dips on O day and then becomes elevated during your luteal phase) and can even give you a hint of possible pregnancy.

I did temp this cycle and started tracking cervix info (position, texture, openness, mucous)... but I ovulated the same day I expected to anyway, and did my usual "carpet bomb" technique haha. BD'd every day for a week straight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->