Quick housing benefit question

staycutee

mummy
Reaction score
My tenancy agreement ends in a few weeks and will not be renewed due to the benefit cuts being so extreme in my area so I need to find somewhere new asap.

I will be entitled to £290 for a 2 bedroom property but I can't find any 2 bedrooms flats for this around here, so my question is can I use that amount for a one bed property? Or would I then only be payed the LHA amount for a 1 bedroom despite being entitled to a 2 bedroom amount?

I know it works for what youre entitled to if you go bigger. Like if you are entitled to a 2 bed. They will give you that amount even if you have a 3 bed. But not sure the other way. I would assume so but its worth calling the council to ask.

No, they won't give you a 2 bed allowance for a 1 bed property

We got lha for a 2 bed when we lived in a 1 bed. who is it u live with for us it was me oh and lo.
it mayb diff for each area so i wud ask

No , i think the amount you are entitled to depends on the rent of the property.

i don't understand the point in having the allowance based on property size if they are going to give you an allowance for a house bigger than you have?
i haven't heard of it here though so maybe it depends on local rules rather than being a standard benefit nationally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->