Quick question for my friend!

geordie_gal

Mam of one baby boy!
Reaction score
Hello,
Quick question for my friend who is busy moving house and has no internet access...
She found out she was pregnant yesterday after feeling sick for a few mornings in a row.. Shes been on the progesterone only pill for 2 years and doesnt get any periods, shes contacted the doctor but they kept asking how far along she is..
I've heard a few people talking about dating scans before 12 weeks, how do you book one of these?
We both have no idea, our first pregnancies (I would also like one of these scans if possible even though I have a rough idea of how far along I am, I havent been offered one, can I push for one too?)

I am having my dating scan done by a pro life/anti abortion group. Near me these are popular enough. They offer preg tests, help with where to go from here paperwork wise and dating scans. Otherwise I assume you would need to get OB to order/do one. I have no insurance so wanted to get basics done before I go to sign up for pregnancy based assistance.

If your in the uk the GP will arrange one for you x

Really? My GP seems useless, they just tell me that the midwife will sort everything out!
Not sure Cassie is at the same doctors as me though they might be more helpful lol x

i found out i was pregnant after ttc for a year but have irregular periods and the dr sent me for a dating scan, might be different in different areas but the midwife will send her for one x

Hi, I had an early scan but had to pay. I went private & looked up on the Internet & found one close to home for only £50. It only took 15mins but was worth the money for me. How ever I know your not sure on dates but its best to have a scan after 7 weeks or you may not see much. X

If your in the uk the GP will arrange one for you x

Really? My GP seems useless, they just tell me that the midwife will sort everything out!
Not sure Cassie is at the same doctors as me though they might be more helpful lol x

A GP or midwife (during your booking appointment) can send off the form requesting a scan for you. In the uk you get two scans, one around 12 weeks and another around around 20. You get others if you are bleeding/cramping and havin a suspected miscarriage.

I don't know what your friend should do but her midwife will prob have come across that situ before x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->