Quick tax credits question

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
My total income for this tax year is £4,513. This is solely maternity pay. This is the amount I've just told the tax office as they had my expected income at £9,056 which is last years earnings.

Does this mean my tax credits should go up? I asked the woman on the phone and she said I will have to wait for my tax reward to come in the post.

Also, have I given the correct amount? I just read on another post that the first £100pw isn't taken into account for maternity leave? That would make my total annual income £1,250?

I'm confused! X

My mat leave was 3 years ago now but when I first claimed I was to take the £100 off per week for SMP. Your tax credits should go up if your income falls below another band but I'm not sure what the cut offs are xx

Should definitely go up but you need to call back because the second figure is correct, you discount the first £100pw of your smp.

Thanks ill give them another ring to see if this is correct. I'm just worried ill work it out wrong and end up owing them money. I've had a look on the HMRC website but can't see anything about minusing £100 a week off maternity pay :/

Im so confused by this also ( posted similar) when I called the person that worked there told me this.

No they don't and the worse thing is half of the people you speak to on the 'helpline' don't even seem to know the rules. There's been a couple of times I've had to point things out to them especially since my lo has been entitled to disability. I'm sure they are overpaying me so plan to put some of it aside once I'm back at work and getting paid again so I don't end up with a big bill come renewal.

It 'should' go up. As i have taken matty leave from the 6th May, that means that for this fyear I have earned £2987 this year once you take away the £100 a week..........and my hours are 40 and my child care is full time £376 a week, so, its saying I should get £1084 a month fi we dont claim the vouchers and £1042 if we do!

Ive used the HMRC calculator, as it seems the most accurate - that said, we have been awarded more than it told us we would be for this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->