Quick Temping Question

dachsundmom

Mommy To A Needy Husband
Reaction score
Hi Ladies-

I didn't want to hijack a thread, again, lol. But I have a temping question.

When you ladies travel and are not waking up in your normal environment, do you temp or skip?

I slept horribly in a hotel last night and I am not sure whether or not I should keep today's temp or toss it?

TIA! :hugs: all around!

I'd temp and record it as long as it was around the regular time. I'd just temp and record all of the unusual factors, FF (if that's what you are using) should be able to take that into account.

:)

Record it but if it ultimately stuffs up your chart in a week or two discard it :thumbup:

We had what passed for a heatwave in Scotland last weekend and I had to chuck 2 of mine.

How important do you guys think it is to record only after 3-4 hours of solid sleep? I tossed and turned all night.

I think it's 3 hours REST so as long as you are lying in the bed and not eg shagging or something in the 3 hours then that should be okay.

LOL you were shagging weren't you Dachie?

I'd go with northstar. Record for now and possibly chuck for later.

I was just thinking about temping. We're going on vacation in a few days and I know I won't be sleeping well. I really don't want to temp, but I also really want to give my RE a couple of months worth of charting. If it was only 1 day, I'd skip, but it's going to be 5 nights and immediately prior to (or the day of Ov).

How important do you guys think it is to record only after 3-4 hours of solid sleep? I tossed and turned all night.

I had a similar issue last month. My temp was really high. I'd forget it.

I'd especially forget it if you were shagging, lol!

Girls, I am sorry to say there was no shagging, since I also had three kids in the hotel room, lol. :growlmad:

I gave the kids the beds and tried to sleep on a fold out couch; unfortunately, when I tried to sit up or roll over, the couch tried to fold back up! :haha:

I record but mark as disturbed sleep and as they others say if you think it is messing your chart up in a few days or a week or so then discard the temp :)

Girls, I am sorry to say there was no shagging, since I also had three kids in the hotel room, lol. :growlmad:

I gave the kids the beds and tried to sleep on a fold out couch; unfortunately, when I tried to sit up or roll over, the couch tried to fold back up! :haha:

Next time stick the kids on the fold out - they're young and can miss a night's sleep with no issue :laugh2:

You should've seen my trying to soften the beeping from my thermometer and reading it by the light from my cell phone, lol. :wacko:

If it's FF, record it anyways. If you notice it's messing things up, just go back to the data in a week or so and check the "discard" box. As someone else mentioned, just also jot down the surrounding circumstances and FF will adapt usually!

I normally don't use FF for temping; just a good old fashioned Excel sheet when I did it in the past. But from what I read around the boards, FF seems to be very touchy and I didn't want to throw the whole thing off.

I was just expecting more of a dip than what I got this morning.

I've charted using FF since 2009 while traveling around the world and had no problems with FF readjusting for jet lag and disturbed sleep! I did have to discard one last month because I forgot to set my alarm and only took temp 2 hours after my usual wake-up time. Discarded it 2 weeks later and sure enough, FF readjusted my date of ovulation, throwing everything off for June :grr: But usually it's fine!

You should've seen my trying to soften the beeping from my thermometer and reading it by the light from my cell phone, lol. :wacko:

:rofl: All too familiar! I do it under the sheets because it muffles beeping a bit :rofl: Reminds me of our recent visit up North with both baby and DH in same room. Was challenging!

LOL so you spent the night on a couch that was trying to swallow you alive?:wacko:

Actually it went something like this:

Packed up DH, DD, two of her friends, and both dogs and headed for an amusement park/hotel. Now, keep in mind that I love any type of deep fried food, so I was eating french fries from the minute we got there.

I took some motion sickness meds and DH swore the ride we were getting on was ok, meaning it did not spin or swing back and forth. He lied! Fifteen minutes after that ride I was revisited by the fries again while hanging over a toilet, lol. :growlmad:

So, we get back to the hotel and I soon realize that I am stuck sleeping on the fold-out couch from hell, which made my already jumpy stomach keep turning, lol. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->