quit depo now the journey of ttc

addison8991

Reaction score
First a little background, I am 25 and have been on depo since my son was born so about 6 years. I have no major problems with depo, I have gained weight and some acne and for the most part rarely had a period. I have had the occasional period throughout the years but the last 2 months on depo I had regular full blown periods. which led me to think that maybe I was ovulating and on a regular schedule. So my shot was due Oct 13 and I did not get it as I want another little one and thought now would be the perfect time to try. I know it can take up to 2 years but Iv heard of others becoming pregnant right after a missed depo and thought if my periods are regular then it would happen soon. I am new to ttc and dont know all the lingo and details but I know my last 2 periods were at the end of the month and ended on about the 1st or 2nd and so if I was regular I should have started around by around now ( oct 29) so I figured maybe I could be preg or im not regular :( . I bought some wondfu ovulation strips and a few hcg strips. the day I got the test in I decided to try them to see what a neg test looked like the day was oct 21st. hcg was negative of coarse but the ovulation was positive and I was shocked and in disbelief so I took a few more all positive so I was all happy (so we did the deed) and now nothing. also at the time of + ovulation I had some brown discharge that lasted a few days. now negative ovulation and hcg and no period. had a little white disharge yesterday but only once and a little. Im so confused and anxious. whats going on? oh yea so my last shot was now 15wks and 2 days ago if that helps.my hubby has been wanting a baby for a while and I just decided I am ready but when Iv discussed getting help he said he wants to try and see if it will just happen but I dont want him to be dissappointed when it takes forever. anyone had anything similar or any advice? does the two periods on depo mean Im ovulating at least?

Hi ! First , welcome to bnb:) don't worry , you will soon enough learn the lingo ! Lol . I don't think you need help just yet and hopefully you never do . Most doctors require you to have been trying for a year anyways with no luck before accepting you as a fertility patient . Just be patient and see how things go . Considering you have a 6 year old it is unlikely you have fertility issues (but it does happen with multiple children) . The depo, and any bc really, can mess your cycles up for a few months after coming off it . Some take no time , some take months . Just keep track of your opk's , temps, and period . You'll start to see what days things happen throughout your cycle . Download the app fertility friend if you haven't already. That's what many of us use . It will teach you how to temp and all that and if you still have questions you can always ask here ! :) but as for your bleeding the past 2 months , no I do not think you were ovulating. Depo is pretty effective so I think any bleeding was just hormones causing a shed or just one of them things your body decides to do . It can happen on any bc. But with the positive opk (ovulation predictor kit) maybe you ovulated this month after ending the opk . But with everything being negative now you may not have conceived or the opk could have shown a surge but you still could have possibly not released an egg which is very possible being fresh off the depo . The only way to know for sure if you ovulated is to temp . So I recommend doing that your next cycle :) good luck to you!

thanks, I will have to look into temping. I looked into apps but didnt come across that one, I will look it up. Im thinking Im not regular as af is now late kind of. I know it can take a while im just worried depo really messed me up. how accurate are the ovulation test? will start temping after i get af and see what happens, hopefully I will get it soon. will update. thank you

The opk's are very accurate at detecting the hormones your body releases just prior to O . But that is not a guarantee you will O . Usually you do but not always . The only way to tell if you had is through temping . Which fertility friend is a great place to chart your temps :) let me know if you have any questions !

ok so according to fertility friend my af is not late and is expected on the 6th, and if I went by the ovulation test alone I am 10dpo. bought a bbt and yesterday was 97.11 and today is 97.37. is that normal for the luteal stage it says I am in? another neg hcg test so im pretty sure I am not pregnant this cycle but yesterday I was super tired which is odd bc lately my energy has been up since coming off depo. I have also been super cranky and easily aggravated but maybe its a side effect of coming off depo. any insights on the temps though? and how accurate the opk wondfu test are? how long temping before I can tell what is going on with me as far as where I am at on my cycle? Im worried I wont get af again for a while.

Wondfos are pretty accurate and are what most of us use on here . However with you straight off the shot it is possible to become pregnant but very difficult to track fertility this month because you don't really have a start date to your current cycle . Bleeding on the depo doesn't count because that is likely just breakthrough bleeding . Not bleeding from ovulation / lack of conception . It will be easier when you start your first after depo period . That will be cycle day 1 , we call it CD1 on here . You will want to start temping that day ,or no later than your first day of no bleeding and track it on FF. You will stay roughly around the same temp or within .3 degrees range until you ovulate . Some people get a dip in temp the day before O but not all. If you do you will see your temp go down a .3-.4 degrees or so . Once you ovulate you will see a jump in temps . It should go about .4 above your baseline (your average pre O temp) . Once you have 3 days of raised temps , FF will detect O and will show red lines on your chart separating preO from post O . You should also keep track of positive and negative opks on FF and your cervical mucus . You will notice around ovulation you should develop a discharge mucus similar to that of egg whites . It's clear and stretchy . We call that EWCM (egg white cervical mucus) on here . Before you get your EWCM your CM may be white and lotiony or creamy . & after O the EWCM usually fades away & either gets dry or sticky or creamy but not stretchy and clear . Also, around O your cervix should be high , open , and soft . To test that you have to use a finger , your middle finger is usually best . If it's hard to reach its high. If you feel the opening in the middle pretty well it is open . If it feels like your chin it is soft . If it feels like your nose it is hard . Sometimes you may also need to reach in there to get a CM sample because there isn't always enough of it at the entrance to your V. You will notice EWCM is more present after a bowel movement (BM). With FF saying you are expected to start around 11/6 isn't very reliable . It is only going off of any info you put in when you registered .. & that info is either from while you were on depo or before depo which isn't a good indicator of now. Once you track for a few months (considering you don't get a bfp before then ) FF will be better able to predict your O dates and AF dates . Bfp=big fat positive by the way in case you didn't know lol . Also, you can't go by your temps right now because it is right in the middle of your cycle somewhere and only a couple of temps . You can't see the whole big picture . HOWEVER , those temps are pretty low . I can't imagine you would get much lower than that so my guess is you either haven't obulated yet or you have and you are about to start AF in the next couple of days . Right before AF if you aren't pregnant your temp will drop back down . If you are pregnant it will stay elevated . If 97.1-97.3 is your baseline , you should look for 97.6-97.9 to confirm O .
With you being cranky maybe your AF is coming . If it does don't get discouraged . This is all totally normal after coming off bc . I stopped taking the pill 3 months ago and I think I'm just now starting to get back to normal.
I really hoped this all helped!

so I have been trying to do everything to see what is goin on with my body...I read that a positive lh test doesnt mean that you O'd and I have only been charting my temp 3 days so not enough data there but tried the cervix placement and cant feel it so Im thinking its too high to feel but mucas was eggwhite type yesterday so we bd'd (is that right baby dance?) then today decided what the heck and took another lh test and its very positive. and then this afternoon I had very watery cm several times. So it is possible that the + I had on the 21st was false and now is my actual O. Iv been trying to see whats the lowest temp during O? since mine are low but it was 97.11 the first day I took it now yesterday and today it has been 97.35 and 97.38. can this be the actual O. could I have concieved last night?

Were you sitting on the toilet when you felt for your cervix ? I find that's the best place to feel for it when it's high . The fact that it's high and you had ewcm is a good sign ! Also , opks can be positive for 2-3 days before the egg is actually released . If you had a positive on the 21st and yesterday then I'm assuming your body geared up to ovulate the first time and didn't so now it's trying again . It's possible that the jump from 97.1-97.3 is your O surge but it's still pretty low . Like mine is usually 97.0-97.1 and jumps to 97.5-97.6 during O . So I'm sorry im not much help but it's just too hard to say with this being your first cycle off depo. Can you post pics of your chart and your opks ? That might help

no I was sitting in the shower. hoping this was O. if it was will my temp stay or drop?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161103-150429.jpg
    Screenshot_20161103-150429.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 3
It should stay up after O. It will only drop if you are about to have AF

Just a little update. .. I am 10dpo today and my temp has been dropping so Idk what is going on. I had hope the first day or even 2 that it was implant dip but now Im so confused about it. here is my chart. no noticable symptoms today or yesterday. maybe the depo is messing with me but I really thought I ovulated and now idk. ff has af coming friday but idk if it will be on time or normal or if the depo has messed it up too much

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161113-101724.jpg
    Screenshot_20161113-101724.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 0
I am trying to upload a photo (on my phone) and it says its too large. any tips to get it to upload?

Anyways......BPF... miracles happen ladies. I am 12 dpo and had an ache in my right boob this morning and some sort of ache or feeling on my right side yesterday and the day before.but also my temp went up a little and so I decided to just test and yay. 2 bfp on wondfo strips and not squinters they kept getting dark so went to walmart and got a clearblue and the first response gold and both are positive. the wondfos was both taken from smu ( waiting for hubby to go to work, gota surprise him) then the other 2 from 3rd morning urine and only an hr or so hold so pretty sure Im preg. Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->