Quitting job and collecting unemployment?

Shandelion

Reaction score
My job is killing me, but I'm terrified of quitting and trying to collect unemployment. Landscaping is just too tough to do when pregnant. Even lighter tasks are still hard and leave me ill. My coworkers won't compromise on my duties, even though all our duties are interchangeable. They're treating me poorly; they refuse to acknowledge my presence in a room, don't say hi to me, but they do greet each other cheerfully. If I won't do a task that's dangerous to my health, they lose their tempers and start yelling. When I went to HR to request transferring to a different department ad explained why, HR yelled at my boss. The next day I received a letter stating they don't know if I'm doing enough of my job to keep me around, and if I have any questions I can request a meeting. I requested a meeting-they've refused to acknowledge that I did so. I'm sure all this is enough to quit for and collect unemployment...but I know they'll deny it and make me fight. I also fully believe they'll lie and say they treated me great. I'm scared to death. I don't fight for myself very well. I'm looking for a new job, but seriously, how many people want to hire a pregnant woman?

Write ur boss a letter requesting a meeting and keep a copy, post it recorded delivery! And then u have proof someone signed for that letter. Keep track of how ur being treated, go to hr and then contact a union, u can take ur boss to court even if u quit as u feel forced out

Check out your area's disability laws. In my state, pregnancy is considering a disability they have to make "reasonable accommodations" for, however, if a lighter job is not available, they don't have to create one.

Also, in my state, if you lose your job, unemployment is not guaranteed, especially if you quit. They can fire you, you can fight it, and it will still be denied, even if pregnancy is the reason.

It's your prerogative to do what you need to do to care for yourself and your baby, but definitely make sure you have your ducks in a row first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->