Rabbits?

dimmu

Reaction score
A bit of a random question.. I've got two large bunnies who live in a kennel outside. Is it ok to carry on looking after them and cleaning their litter just as before now that I'm pregnant?

I know cat litter can be an issue but that's linked to cats eating mice and other rodents isn't it? But as bunnies are fibrevores/herbivores there shouldn't be any issues?

They are very much my bunnies and my responsibility, DH would hate having to look after them!

I'm pretty sure it's fine either way, just make sure you wash your hands and stuff. I've got a cat and I still have to keep caring for my cat as normal, if you're worried wear plastic gloves :)

I have had a house bunny for nearly 6 years and have always done his cage cleaning etc and have a very healthy 19 month old daughter and just just found out I'm expecting again. You'll be fine

Thanks both, I'm sure it's fine, just needed some reassurance.:)

Sophiejash, always nice to meet other rabbit owners! My two used to live indoors but one of them was too troublesome, always up to mischief, so they got evicted!! Oh and the hay and hair everywhere was driving me nuts!!

I cared for my cat a my netherland dwarf every day when pregnant with Thomas, I miss my house bun so much, she passed away from old age :-(.

Sorry to hear about your bun minties.:( She must have been wonderful to have in the house, much more sensible size for keeping indoors than mine that are NZ whites. Nethies are quite characterful as well aren't they.

Thank you :), let's just say she was very feisty! I was looking into getting an NZ white, there's a breeder close by who breeds them for meat but they seem quite tame. I kept rabbits from about age 13 to 29 and miss having them around, I get allergies from their fur though which drove me mad and so I didn't get another rabbit when Sakura died.

Feisty is certainly a word I've heard in the same sentence with nethies before!:)

NZ whites are probably the polar opposite of nethies, mine are very dosile, but I have to say they are excellent with DD and her friends, very calm and just good with them. And of course they are way too big for the kids to pick them up as well which is good.

I would be so tempted to rescue a bunny from a meat breeder! My rabbits came from a rabbit rescue and I chose them because no one else wanted them for their colour!:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->