RACE FOR LIFE - Who has/is taking part this year?

bigbloomerz

Reaction score
SO this year I am taking part in Race for Life :happydance: It's a big step (no pun intended) for me, as im overweight, i'm not afraid to admit it, im probably more obese than overweight but I had to do this for me aswell as to raise money for a charity i am very supportive of.
Walking 5 km on a hilly up and down country park is not my idea of fun and ive already done a few test runs and my asthma inhaler is getting pretty low lol, but I am determined! I have my pink t-shirt ready and my running number (more like walking number in my case tho)

I just wondered if any other members on here had or are taking part in their local race this year? xx

Hiya Hun,

I'm not doing it this year but did it last year on my 39th Birthday :haha: its not too bad, I only walked it and it took me 45 mins to do...plenty of people walk and not run...just wanted to wish you all the best :hugs:

I'm doing it this Sunday :) I did it a couple of years ago and walked it in about 45 mins, if it's not raining I'll take the buggy and push Abigail round. Good luck x

I am! And im overweight too,but even if I come last,at least Im taking part lol.

I've done it a few times, but I'm not doing it this year.
Loads of people walk it though, you'll be fine!
Good luck :)
xx

Thanks for your replies ladies, glad im not the only one doing it! I really hope the weather is nice, dont mind the cold but dont want to be doing it in the rain! Its a very hilly course through woodland and things so lots of potential for mud and falling over tree roots lol.

Good luck everyone else whos doing it on sunday,hope you make it to the end in one peice:haha:

Good luck! I took part in it while I was visiting family in Texas. A great cause :)

wow I didnt know they did it in america too :)

We did Bournemouth 10k last month x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->