Rainbows after the storm (late loss/stillbirth/neonatal loss/sids)

Congrats Nicksi! Welcome to the group! Always think positive thoughts with all of your scans...I found that it has helped me to visualize positive outcomes! Although I have to say it all has been nerve-wracking for sure.

I have a growth scan tomorrow morning...Fingers crossed that this bubs is a regular size and I can have a vaginal birth. So excited to see him/her again! :)

Congrats Nicksi! Welcome to the group! Always think positive thoughts with all of your scans...I found that it has helped me to visualize positive outcomes! Although I have to say it all has been nerve-wracking for sure.

I have a growth scan tomorrow morning...Fingers crossed that this bubs is a regular size and I can have a vaginal birth. So excited to see him/her again! :)

Hi Krippy :flower: i think i need to have a more positive outlook for sure. Good luck for your scan tomorrow - fingers crossed for you im sure everything will be fine. Not long to go now and your rainbow will be here :hugs:

Ooh good luck for your scan tomorrow Kristin. :hugs:
Nicksi i'm not sure what the plan of action is yet!! We have to see where the placenta attaches this time and what happens as we go along. I have drs tomorrow, midwife on wednesday and we'll go from there i guess. :shrug:
Yep, 7 weeks on Thursday due June 6th but my last 4 babies have been preemies so not expecting to get to then (but hoping!!)

afternoon ladies, i rang my hospital just now and asked when my first appt would be. they had made it for 12 weeks. id been told that i would be seen sooner so after explaining my worries etc after what happened with jacob, they are seeing me tomorrow. Im absolutely s****ing myself!!! sounds stupid but im so frightened theyre gonna do a scan and theres gonna be no hb or no baby at all! looking on the bright side at least tomorrow i will know for sure rather than waiting until 12 weeks.

Krippy - how did your scan go? good i hope :)

Nicola - Did you see your doctor? hope it went ok :)

I had an early scan yesterday and after having a melt down in the scan room - i saw little baba and saw the heart beating. I got my dates put forward from 8+5 to 9+4 (although im not sure how because i know exactly when we concieved due to charting!!)

Nikcksi that's fantastic news! Must just be a big strong bubba in there making the dates different.:thumbup:

I saw my doctor on Tuesday and midwife yesterday. Both wanted the same - a whole load of information - and neither had bothered reading my notes so i had to explain my whole history to them. :cry:

Still, they're booking a scan which i should get the date for this week and will be seeing a consultant before the 12 weeks i think so not all bad.

How did the scan go Kristin?:hugs:

Nikcksi that's fantastic news! Must just be a big strong bubba in there making the dates different.:thumbup:

I saw my doctor on Tuesday and midwife yesterday. Both wanted the same - a whole load of information - and neither had bothered reading my notes so i had to explain my whole history to them. :cry:

Still, they're booking a scan which i should get the date for this week and will be seeing a consultant before the 12 weeks i think so not all bad.

How did the scan go Kristin?:hugs:

Its good that you will be seen before 12 week - hopefully not too much of a wait now. I had to explain my story to a midwife and then the consultant yesterday it was draining. When i went to the reception desk when i first went in i asked if they had got jacobs notes out and she said 'no why'!! i said the consultant might find them beneficial. i noticed on some paperwork on my notes that they said my other maternity notes were 'missing' so im not happy about that and im gonna ask about it when i go back. I think they should have them together to compare if needed. They have no common sense :wacko:

Congrats on the great scan and HB Nicksi! That is such reassuring news...Take each day a milestone at a time!

I am sorry that you both had to relive you stories at each appt. That is soooo draining but I always think of it has being a proud mama and spreading the word about my boy. Sending you both love and lots of strength.

I had a great scan...Bubs is measuring exactly right on date, about 4 pounds now which is insane. But it looks like I am well on my way for a vaginal birth as baby should 7 or 8 pounds in 6 weeks. I see my OB/GYN on Tuesday to discuss the plan of action my induction or if he still wants me to have a C-section.

I have been feeling a little crazy and on edge and feel sorry for my husband bc I have no one else to take it out on. Every little muscle twinge or braxton hicks contractions I really have been petrified deep inside and trying not to show it too much but I def need to let it out bc it is making me seem insane and just plain mean. For most of my pregnancy I have been fine saying that everything is out of my control and now that I am nearing the end I am really getting scared. Even though I know in my heart that everything will be ok...has to be ok...I am just feeling blah.

So glad that your scan went ok krippy - you and your LO are doing so well. i hope you get to have the delivery you want. Its understandable that you are feeling on edge - you are getting nearer the time and it must be hard to keep calm and keep your fears to yourself. But as you say you know deep down that everything WILL be ok. I hope the coming weeks fly for you. :)

Hello everyone,I am really happy I came across this forum, I also had twins early this year at 27 weeks, it was a hard time, I lost the boy bebi after two days and iman 21 days later....

I am pregnant now, jst found out a week ago, so am soo happy but am scared as well, hoping things will be easier this time around, it's also a busy time for me jst started my masters program, anyway haven't had my appointment yet with the midwife, waiting for their call. I haven't used a midwife before so it's new, any advice. Also I really cant wait for the scan to know for sure there's a baby in there :happydance:

Congrats to All the ladies who are expecting wonderful blessings coming soon, by gods grace it would work out fine for all of us.:flower:.

Hello everyone,I am really happy I came across this forum, I also had twins early this year at 27 weeks, it was a hard time, I lost the boy bebi after two days and iman 21 days later....

I am pregnant now, jst found out a week ago, so am soo happy but am scared as well, hoping things will be easier this time around, it's also a busy time for me jst started my masters program, anyway haven't had my appointment yet with the midwife, waiting for their call. I haven't used a midwife before so it's new, any advice. Also I really cant wait for the scan to know for sure there's a baby in there :happydance:

Congrats to All the ladies who are expecting wonderful blessings coming soon, by gods grace it would work out fine for all of us.:flower:.

Hello ayna :flower: my names nicola. Welcome to the board. Im so sorry for the heartbreaking loss of your beautiful twins but congratulations on your new pregnancy. Hopefully you will find your midwife helpful and you should check with her if you will be classed as high risk at the hospital (im sure you will be given your history). Hopefully, you will recieve extra appointments and possibly and early scan. I know what you mean about the scan, i had one last week and was sure they were going to tell me id imagined it lol but baby was there wriggling around. Sounds like you are very busy which might be a good thing and take your mind off things and hopefully your pregnancy will fly by. Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy :hugs:

hello ladies

I am so glad that Nicola has set up this group as I know you will all understand where I am coming from. I found out I was pregnant last week when we lit a candle for the wave of light for our precious baby boy Dexter who left us in March aged just 54 days old. It was a lovely time to find out as I was already emotional.

But I am a little nervous to say the least. I had 2 mc's before we had Dexter who was born by emergency c section at 28 weeks old due to placenta problems. And I have had another mc in July this year so I am really hoping this is 5th time lucky for me and this is the baby that is here to stay.

Due to my mc's I have had lots of tests and everything has come back normal so there are no obvious reasons for my losses but I have a medical care plan in place and I will go for a scan on the 1st nov (6 wks 2 days) to see if pregnancy is progressing and then be given heprin and progresterone to take so am keeping everything crossed for that date.

I feel a little bit lighter having shared my news as I have only told 2 people so far and one of them is my husband

Hi ladies :wave:
Ayna welcome to the thread. Sorry for your losses, we all know how hard it is and how scary another pregnancy is and we're all here to get each other through it! I'm definitely with you on wanting a scan to check theres really a baby in there! Mine won't be til early dec at 12 weeks because my problems generally start after that. Seriously cant wait!! If it wasn't nearly christmas i'd be booking an early private scan :blush:
Tracey, lovely to see you here. I was really hoping you'd join us. :hugs:
I have everything possible crossed that you finally get your rainbow.
Kristin i bet you're getting so excited now - as well as terrified! Good luck for your appointment tomorrow - i hope they let you book an induction rather than c-section. No such choices for me after 4!! :haha:

Welcome Anya! I am sorry to hear about your LOs but happy to hear about your rainbow!

Hi Tracy! So happy to see you here hun! Try to stay positive for that little bean of yours!

I was at L&D on Saturday bc I was having period like cramping. Started at 12pm ish went to hospital round 3pm and they didn't quit until 8pm ish. They did an NST and baby was doing great (I wasn't worried about movement just the cramping) and told me to go home with usual intructions...if you see blood, waters breaking, etc. I know all of this of course and they made me feel kind of silly.

It def. wasn't labour contractions bc I know what those feel like but they also weren't normal cramps either. Maybe stretching or baby engaging. Anyway my Dr. was really patronizing and told the nurse over the phone that it was probably bc I was anxious. I don't think she meant to but I am a very practical person and wouldn't make big deal over nothing. So I had to listen to the nurse lecture me about anxiety and when to come in, etc. Going to talk to my OB on tomorrow and see what he says...I feel like my GP is too nonchalant about my treatment, kind of like the first time (She was my Dr. for RJ too). Makes me nervous...I am going to ask that my OB/GYN will be my primary caregiver for the next 5 or so weeks. I will see my GP as I think that it is important for me to go through the baby process with her and have a positive outcome and I think necessary for her too. But I def. think that I am going through some trust issues with her and I know that it is perfectly normal with what I have been through. I just don't want to have anything missed this time around and I def. don't want it to be my fault.

Anyway...thanks Nicola for the good thoughts. I can't wait until tomorrow morning to see what the induction plan will be. I do have a c-section booked for December 5th but I would love to hear that he wants to induce me a couple of days before that! Fingers crossed!

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday! :) It is cold here in Canada but it was so nice to get out and go for a nice refreshing, yet slow walk this morning. I am absolutely waddling for sure now! I posted a 32 week bump pic for you ladies and a 28 week for comparison! I am getting there and the baby is growing! It is REAL!

Attachments

• 28 weeks.jpg
    28 weeks.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 32 weeks!.jpg
    32 weeks!.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 2
oh wow Kirstin that is some difference in size of bump in 4 weeks lol but it looks fab. Do you know if you are having a boy or a girl or are you waiting for the arrival to find out? The birth will be here before you know it to.

We are waiting to find out Tracy! Just like we did with RJ! The suspense is starting to really build...I think it is a boy but I am not sure it is bc RJ was a boy. My DH thinks it is a girl for sure...so I guess we will see! :)

Wow check out that bumpage!! Amazing difference in 4 weeks!
I'm off to Ireland for a wedding tonight til Saturday so might not get on much but hope they give you your induction date. :thumbup:
You're patient waiting to find out kristin! I want to know asap. I kind of hope this one is a girl for oh as we have 2 boys together but neither of us will care as long as it's healthy and we get to keep him/her for always.
Tracy how are you doing? Are you feeling sick and exhausted yet?!

Hi Nicola

I am feeling sick and exhausted lol. nausea was one of the things I had the week before I tested which made me think I might be pregnant. That and the fact that my boobs are jumping out of my bra already lol and I have a little back ache. I haven't been sick but as soon as I walk up I feel sick. My accupuncturist said yesterday that if it continues to let him know and he moght be able to help but I said to be honest I don't mind feeling sick as it reminds me that I am pregnant and if I didn't have it I would be symptom spotting.
I have also been gagging a bit with different smells so am using that at the moment to make sure OH cleans up most of the dogs mess lol.

How are you doing Nicola?

going ot Ireland for a wedding will be fun although I have been told they are usually a 3-4 day drink fest which will be hard on you not drinking.

Kristin I am not sure if I could wait to find out the sex but we will see I am just so praying that this baby is coming home with us for always

its such a nerve wrecking time and it is hard to relax and just enjoy being pregnant when you know what we know don't you think. Any advice on how you have been doing this Kristin would be nice to hear

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->