Rainbows after the storm (late loss/stillbirth/neonatal loss/sids)

its shocking isn't it nicki when all you want is some understanding and compassion and you are treated like a nuisance or just a number. I am keeping my fingers crossed for both of us and getting a nicer service from the NHS

Nicola and Tracey...I am sorry that you were treated so horribly. It is really sad that they treat everyone this way, it is so frustrating! Luckily my hospital has been nothing but supportive.

So I just got home from an overnight at the hospital...threatened pre-term labour. Contractions have finally started to slow down and my cervix is still closed but I was kept overnight for observation. Got a shot to mature baby's lungs just in case but so far baby is staying put and is not engaged. Have to go back tonight to get the second shot...I am so exausted. Between my contractions and labour noises (lol) I had absolutely no sleep. Contractions started at 5 pm so went to hospital at 7pm. Had a bunch of tests, my FFN was negative. Got a little sleep from 11pm-2am but the contractions came back with horrible back pain that won't go away. I saw my ob and I am back on Friday for more tests, NST, and ultrasound I am quite tired and uncomfortable but baby is still doing great. Lots of movement, etc. Wondering if this bubs is going to stay put!

Hope you all are well! Keep your positive thoughts flowing ladies!

oh wow its all happening at your end Kristin. I hope you manage to get some sleep and rest today and the back pain subsides and baby stays put for another couple of weeks at least. Let us know how you get on at your apt on friday :hugs:

Wow kristin you've had an eventful few days!! Hope things calm down now and baby stays put for a while. Its good the ffn test was negative - theyre usually quite accurate aren't they?
Those steroid shots are sooooooo painful aren't they?? Worst injections i've ever had - and i get them every time!! :dohh:
On the positive side, Alex was born at 34 +2 and was in scbu for a few days but is fine and Elliot was born at 35 weeks and breastfed straiggt away and had no special care so if baby does decide to make an appearance, the outlook is good!!:thumbup:
Tracey how are you feeling about your scan tomorrow? I wish i got an early one, i still don't really believe it!

Wow kristin you've had an eventful few days!! Hope things calm down now and baby stays put for a while. Its good the ffn test was negative - theyre usually quite accurate aren't they?
Those steroid shots are sooooooo painful aren't they?? Worst injections i've ever had - and i get them every time!! :dohh:

Hi Ladies, my name is Tracy. I'm a mum to 10 children Bryce 25, Mason 22, Shelby 20, Connor 18, Austin 15, Trinity 11, Griffyn 9, Piper7, Isla 5, MC 2009, Willow 2 1/2, and 1 angle baby. Vallon was born at 26 weeks sleeping on 20th Feb 2012. We have always wanted a large family, Vallon will always be number 11. We are now pregnant with our rainbow baby due on 30th May.
I feel so blessed to be pregnant but very scared to. We had been trying for 5 months to fall pregnant & it happened at the end of August some of my friends think its strange about the timing, Vallon was due on 21st may. I like to think that someone upstairs is trying to take that pain away from those dates. Why would I fall almost exactly the same time after trying so hard for the previouse months. Scared beyond words, I've got my 1st OB appointment tomorrow, told my husband I'm not going to any visites without him. Lol the dating scan was hard enough when they said there's the little hart beet I lost it poor lady didn't know what to say.
Thanks for letting me let this out

Welcome busy mum. Sorry for your loss of baby Vallon. :hugs: Its definitely a scary time but we're all here to get you through it too!
Wow you have a big family! I thought mine was big!!
How many weeks are you now? Do you have a care plan set up for this pregnancy? X

Welcome Tracy/BusyMom! We now have 2 Tracys and 2 Nicolas! Lol

I am sorry for the loss of your son! But congratulations on your rainbow!

Hi Tracy I am the other Tracy on this thread and we even spell our names the same way lol. Firstly I am so sorry for your loss but also congratulations on your current pregnancy and on your already large family. I take my hat off to you as it must be a full time job looking after 10 children :wacko::happydance:

I don't blame you wanting your husband at every apt with you and also being a little nervous this time around it is understandable but as Nicola has already said we are all here to support each other so any worries, doubts, concerns or anything to celebrate that please come and share them with us we are a lovely bunch honest :flower:

well ladies I have had my first scan to say and I was so scared that I had an upset stomach which proved a little difficult to keep the fluid in my bladder for the scan lol.

it was a positive day as the scan showed everything that it should do and measured 6 wks 2 days which is what I am and we saw the heartbeat which was such a relief because in my last pregnancy at this stage it didn't show all of this so I am really hopefully this is our time.:cloud9:

I also got my perscription for my progestrone pessaries and heparin injections and a male midwife showed me and my husband how to inject me. Can't say I am looking forward to doing that daily but it is a small price to pay if it helps me bring this baby home.

Kristin how are you doing has the back pain stopped is bubba staying put for now??

Nicola I have to go every two weeks for a scan to check on progression and as good as it sounds to have them this regular it is also a nerve wrecking time just hoping that everything is ok. I am sure everything will be great for you when you get to your 12 week apt :hugs:

Congrats on the positive scan Tracy (Dextersmom). That is such great news...One mini milestone down hun! Shots don't sound fun but I am sure that you will get used to them soon and you are right def worth all the pain.

Thanks girls! Loving all the support. Bubs is still doing, moving and shaking in there! Back pain and contractions are gone...just a few cramps here and there but labour seems to have stopped. I do have a 2 day headache so far. Went to sleep with one and woke up with one...Going to give it the day of rest and lots of water and if it is still there going to have to call my Dr. as this happened to me last time. Blood pressure, etc. is fine so far but we will see I might just have that November baby...I have a feeling it is not going to wait until the week of December 3rd but I can be proven wrong easily! :)

Welcome to the group tracy/busymum - congratulations on your rainbow, this is a great group and everyone is here to support you :hugs:

Krippy - hope you're doing ok, getting lots of rest and bubba is going to stay right where he/she is for at least another few weeks. Not long now though eeeeeek how exciting :happydance:

dextersmum - congrats on the scan - so glad you got to see your LOs hb. this will be your time .... positive thinking all the way

Hope you are all ok. Im ready for a few days off work, im so uncomfy sat in this too-tight uniform at my desk all day. Gained over half a stone so far - this is what id gained at 18/19 weeks with jacob!! Ive got my 12 week scan next week - im scared but ive been listening to baba's hb on my doppler which is reassuring.

Have a lovely weekend ladies :flower:

Morning ladies :wave:
I got my scan date through for 26th November so not toooo long to wait.....24 sleeps.
Nicksi it definitely does seem that when pregnancies are close together, you do seem to expand a lot more quickly!! :rofl:
Tracy so glad your scan went well.This is your time, your rainbow. I have a good feeling. :hugs:
How are.yougetting on with your injections? Nick had to inject me last time and i was dotted in bruises but its not so bad. If you rub the area in circles quite hard for a minute aftrr i found it didnt seem to hurt so much later :shrug:
Gosh, every post i write i seem to be saying 'me too'.....I hope i dont sound like one of those people who have done everything and have something to say about it just i've had a lot of pregnancies with a lot of complications and want to help if i can!! Tell me to shut up if you like. :thumbup:

I was at the hospital again last night for a headache that started Wed at 12pm and more contractions. But they sent me home with both bc my bloodwork and bp were perfect they said. Thanks girls! Had another rough night! Got sent home with the contractions and horrific headache bc all of my blood work was fine, actually great they said. I know...trying to rest but this headache is really worrying me. Last time I had a headache like this during pregnancy they sent me home for 7-10days to see how I ended up bc nothing else was out of order. The headache finally went away the day my son died inside of me...I woke up this morning with the same headache and it has been there all night. I am going back to the hospitial for appts at 11:15am and I am not leaving until they find a solution for this headache or they let me have my baby. I know it is not ideal to have my baby this early but I can't not listen to my instincts this time around. I am so scared!

Krippy i would do the same ...i would say there was no way i was going home until you get some answers. They should understand your anxiety given your history and trust your instincts. I would demand to stay in as an inpatient until a decision is reached. Surely they cant just keep sending you home :/ Good luck for your appointment

I agree Kristin. You know how you feel and if your instincts are telling you to get this baby out then thats what you have to demand!! Or that they admit you and monitor you regularly until theyare happy to deliver baby. This stress can't be helpful! :hugs:

Nicola never think that you have to shut up your input is invaluable

The injections are ok the needle going in doesn't hurt there is just a little sting when the medication actually goes in but all quite bearable.

Kristin I hope either your headache has gone or you are now at the hospital demanding that they help you and the baby. Go with your gut instincts and do not leave until you get the help you want

please keep us posted if you can and I have every thing crossed for you and am sending you lots of positivity xx

Nicola never think that you have to shut up your input is invaluable

The injections are ok the needle going in doesn't hurt there is just a little sting when the medication actually goes in but all quite bearable.

Kristin I hope either your headache has gone or you are now at the hospital demanding that they help you and the baby. Go with your gut instincts and do not leave until you get the help you want

please keep us posted if you can and I have every thing crossed for you and am sending you lots of positivity xx

They haven't hurt me so far either until this morning. DH decided he didn't want to hurt me and would put the needle in slowly. I screamed and he had to pull it out. I told him do it quickly and then he pushed the medicine in quickly too. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->