Rainbows after the storm (late loss/stillbirth/neonatal loss/sids)

Tracy, i just saw on fb that you have had Lexi!
Congratulations! That was a suprise. I hope you are both doing well. Thinking of you. :hugs:

OMG Tracy! Can't wait to see pics of Lexi and hear your birth story!

Hi ladies been a bit AWOL recently due to going into early labour on Friday they think due to an infection and had an emergency section as my waters broke and they didn't want the infection to be passed on to Lexi. So she was born at 8.01pm weighing 4lb 5oz and being feisty and crying to let us all know she had arrived. She was on Cpap until noon the next day and is now breathing by herself. I am having a few issues with my temperature shooting up and me being either cold or sweating and they are still trying to find out what infection I have as blood cultures are negative. So they are trying different antibiotics so I will be in hospital for a few more days so will update when I can

Thanks for the update Tracy! Glad to hear Lexi is doing well! Hope you feel better soon and they figure out what is going on with you! Huge congrats on a healthy baby girl!

It seems like everyone is going early around here lately. Glad moms and babies are doing well. I thought I was going to join the early band yesterday as it felt like something was in the birth canal and when I checked it felt like a sack to me. I made DH rush me to the hospital with the Level III NICU (about an hour) and turns out all was fine. They checked my cervix 3 times while I was there and said it was closed each time. They also did the swab to check for leaking fluid and cultures and was negative for fluid (they did find some bacteria, but told me to follow up with my OB tomorrow as it wasn't a huge concern). They also hooked me up, so we had a NST while we were there. It's funny because seeing their heartrates together they pretty much stayed very close and if one went up, so did the other. We were released about 1:30 last night, so didn't get into until late.
This morning I went to my Endo and was put on continuous blood sugar monitoring. I now don't have to stick myself as much (just before meals now to determine how much insulin I need to take). It takes readings every 5 minutes and records them. I just need to enter my finger prick numbers to calibrate it each day.

update from us is Zach is doing fine, altho very stressed today coz they messed with him doing tests.

Hes on 3litre high flow (possibly still 4 after they made his oxygen drop today but it should be 3), 20ml breast milk 2 hourly, brain scans show small bleed but its not gotten bigger so thats good, ROP tests ( are evil and made him destat today, not looking forward to the next one in 2 weeks) came back all clear, hes started trying to suck a breast and will latch so so far all good.

Tracy, congratulations on the birth of Lexi!! I hope you're both doing well.
Amjon, glad everything was ok at the hospital.
Sweet, so glad Zachary is doing well
xx

Hi ladies does anybody know how I upload a photo from my phone?

Update from me- can't believe it has been a week since I started with contractions and then lexi was born. She is doing really well she has now gone on full feeds of 12mls per hour so isn't needing the glucose supplement which means she is now cannula free and only has the spo2 monitor on. She has started to regulate her own temperature so they are going to move her into a heated cot instead of an incubator which means we can dress her and be able to pick her up for cuddles.
I was discharged from hospital last night after a weeping breakdown as I am still to have the iv medication once a day for a further 6 days and I really didn't want to stay in hospital any longer so I am to come in every morning to put the drug through a cannula. I just have to hope that a cannula lasts a couple of days at a time otherwise they might make me come back into hospital

Are you on an iPhone? I downloaded the photobucket app. You can then upload a photo into that, then press the 'i' button, and copy and paste the bottom code into the text box on here. Bit long winded, but it works!!

So pleased to hear Lexi is doing well and you're going to be able to have cuddles! Good news that you've been discharged too, I don't blame you for not wanting to be there any longer. I was in four days with Joshua and that was more than enough. Looking forward to a photo!! xx

Very quiet over here... Is everyone ok?? x

Any updates?? x

Hi Ladies

sorry I havent been on for a while it has been hectic with going back and too to the hospital but I am please to say that Lexi is doing really well and she came home on friday. She was weighed today and is now 5lb 1/2oz and has fully established her feeds. she seems to go between 3-4 hours between feeds during the day but then 2-3 hours at night lol

i am doing ok now loving learning how to be a mummy to a baby that has come home with us. the infection i had cleared up after 10 days of iv antibiotics which is god because they kept saying it could be serious.

so how is everybody else doing?

Sorry, I said hello then disappeared.
Someone asked my daughter's name: Zoe.
Congrats to those who have had their babies, hope you are all doing well. Nicola, Zoe was oxygen starved, fatally so it turns out, sounds like Primrose is doing well to me xx

Well we are still in neonatal hes now 4lb 5, and is doing well established feeds minus a blip on thursday, just having an on going battle with the staff re getting him off his monitor no one wants to make the jump and we have been told he can come off it tomorrow for since wednesday and is still on it as whenever they change staff the plan changes again its frustrating. he has another eye test tomorrow and we are hoping we can get out of there this week.

Hi ladies
We are doing well
https://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u620/nicolabird/20130501_132311_zpsf353b1b6.jpg
Primrose is on and off of cpap but allowed out for cuddles. She tried a breastfeed yesterday and today and was sucking really well. Only for a few minutes and then was tired out but still good.
Today it is 1 year since we lost Emily. Has been a difficult day but i know Emily and Edward are watching over their little sister helping her stay strong.
Sweet how is Zac getting on?
Tracy i'm sorry Lexi is being a little monkey but glad you're getting extra scans to help you relax.
How is everyone else?

I just want to say your daughter is absolutely beautiful ahe has bought a tear to my eye I know I'm not pregnant but love to read all your rainbow stories and journeys hoping that will 1 day me to, senting ao much love to all you and your babies xxx

sweet I am glad that Zac is doing well. He is now the same weight that Lexi was when she was born. She is 5lb 11oz now so is becoming a right fatty lol. It is frustrating in NICU when things don't happen because of staff changes. Do you go when it is the consultants round? I always made sure I was there for that then I knew what was being discussed and agreed and would also state what I wanted that way for example if they agree that baby should come off the monitors it would be written in the notes and you could tell the nurse. It might be worth you asking to see the DR/consultant to discuss it with them anyway so that you have some authority behind you. Sounds like he will be home in no time. What gestation is Zac now and how many weeks old is he?

Will you get to room in with Zac in the hospital before you bring him home? I did this for 1 night as they had parent rooms in Bolton hospital where you could spend the night with the baby by yourself but you could call a nurse if you were worried about anything and they would come to your room. It was lovely to do as you knew that baby would soon be home with you.

I can't believe that monday this week was the actually date that I was to have the planned section to bring Lexi into the world but instead we were celebrating her being 1 month old.

I am really enjoying being a mummy and having Lexi home. I am just trying to get used to having to think about things to do before I can leave the house and what I need to take for her if away from home. This is a bit harder to think about with now bottle feeding as if I was breast feeding I wouldn't need to think about how many bottles I needed to take but never mind I am sure I will get used to it soon.

I do find myself having moments of sadness or guilt because I am so happy about Lexi being here but then miss Dexter or feel sad that I am not doing the same things with him or even feel guilty for enjoying having Lexi here. Not sure if that makes sense to anybody else??

Well I am off to sterilise more bottles and prepare the next feed before Lexi wakes up and needs her nappy changed lol

Jessica Lily arrived after a very quick and dramatic vbac induction Sunday night/Monday morning due to pre eclampsia. Waters being broken to her arrival was under 2hours!! Full birth story is in my journal. We're still in hospital. I've been severely anaemic, and now Jessica has jaundice and is being kept under phototherapy lights. Instead of having us over on nicu they've brought the lights to us instead. She's responding we'll already and hoping to be home tomorrow night. She was 6lb 2.5oz at delivery and is absolutely gorgeous.

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/ducksdontquack/A338144F-3C72-4DD7-AA8F-603A2B3FAF50-3962-000003702B59E02C.jpg
https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/ducksdontquack/2ACBFA55-0D4E-43E2-ACA4-D9DE33A89C0F-5186-0000047CB927BA86.jpg
https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/ducksdontquack/6B89F164-F6C0-4975-99F0-F6F8275EFD3B-5186-0000047CAE08E919.jpg

Xxx

Lexi...she is beautiful! Congratulations! I am off to read your birth story right now! :)

Oh my gosh Lexi what a beautiful little lady! :kiss:congratulations

Congratulations to all the beautiful babies that have been born.......sorry il read through the thread when Lewis having his nap!

Tracy huge congratulations on the arrival of Lexi, I'm glad she's doing well, gaining great weight. :thumbup: I know exactly what you mean about feeling guilty. This is something I struggle with, having Lewis here enjoying all his ups and downs milestones, then I realise that I missed it all with Eoin, that I should have a a toddler now, should have experiences all these milestones before, that Lewis is missing out on a big brother. I'm back getting counsilling again, iv been struggling a bit. Sorry iv been awol, will you have me back? Iv been trying to balance my feelings between Lewis and Eoin.

Congratulations to all the babies and to all the angels for becoming big brothers/ sister/ guardian angels in the sky :hugs:

Course we'll have you back :haha: lovely to see you in here. How is Lewis getting on?
Lexi, i saw your thread announcing Jessicas arrival and was so happy to see she had arrived safe and well! She is beautiful. I hope you are both well enough to go home soon.
I can't remember when i last updated on here. :dohh:
Primrose has been home 3 weeks now after 15 days in nicu. I was allowed home after 9 days and both doing fine.
Primrose now weighs 6lb 4oz. :laugh2:
I'll update with pics when i'm on the laptop and update front page.
Hope everyone else is well. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"