Raised by Same Sex Couple

Querida87

TTC my #3 his #1
Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Brianna and I'm a heterosexual mother of two. My mother is a lesbian, always has been. I am the product of rape and very grateful to my mother for loving me in spite of that and raising me to be a strong woman who knows her own mind and heart. I just wanted to throw some hugs out there to all the same sex couples. You are wonderful and I am confident that you will raise healthy, happy, educated children with open minds and open hearts. Best of luck and much love and support to you all.

Thanks for taking the time to write this post. Your mother sounds like a strong woman!

My wife and I used to wonder if we were doing the right thing- choosing to have children. Would life be harder for them? Was it fair? Would other children make fun of them? Its almost endless the concerns we had. In the end, we decided to move forward and are expecting our baby boy soon. Thanks again for taking the time to post this and show your support. :)

I don't remember ever being teased about it, and I was NOT popular. Even very strict religious people who frown on homosexuality have never treated me any differently from anyone else. I think one of the best things about progression and change is the open-mindedness that is being cultivated and encouraged in many places world-wide. I have a friend who has never been interested in women but almost made the grave mistake of trying to marry one just because he wanted children of his own blood. I helped him see reason, and while he has not had children yet, he is saving up to be able to pay for a surrogate mother - weather he has a partner or not. If I hadn't already had two C-sections and poor health, I would gladly have mothered a child for him. I find that many people who were reared in same-sex homes grow up to be strong and productive members of society with no ill effects from their home life. Such people are often better adjusted and more open-minded and successful than people who come from heterosexual homes. I am heterosexual and have never been confused about my sexuality or questioned the right of each individual to make their own choices and seek happiness and fulfillment. Regardless of my beliefs, everyone deserves to be treated with kindness and compassion and accepted for who they are. No one has the right to judge you or me or anyone else. I don't know you, but I am proud that you and your wife and strong and determined and willing to love and rear a child regardless of what others might think. :hugs:

Absolutely late on this one, but a post like this is timeless :D Thank you so much for your support, reading this is really encouraging to those of us trying to become parents and even those who are already parenting children. There are questions unique to same sex couples and single gay or lesbian people contemplating becoming parents, and it is so great to read a positive post from someone who's lived it happily. Thank you!!

Hi Brianna, thank you for sharing that :) one question that has nothing to do with this: why is your nickname Querida? I know what it means, but are you using it in spanish or portuguese? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->