Ramzi's Theory for gender prediction.

Though I ovulated on the left side (to the other poster who wondered, a corpus luteum cyst is what develops on the ovary that released the egg and releases the first set of hormones), the baby implanted on the right, which is an indicator of a boy. I am in fact carrying a boy :) confirmed at 18w2d at the anatomy scan and it was VERY obvious on the ultrasound lol

I think there is definitely something to this theory, but unless you specifically ask your tech at 6-8 weeks where the placenta is, there is no way to know. They usually flip and rotate making still images invalid. I felt implantation cramps on the right, so will be interested to see if baby is a boy!

Hmmm...so looking at my US from 8 weeks and 12 weeks (and reversing them because they were abdominal), AND judging from the report which says anterior placenta, AND the fact that any movement I've felt so far has been on the left or down low in the front, AND that my doc couldn't hear Nibblers heartbeat except down low towards the left, I'm going to say my placenta is on the right at the front.

So does that indicate boy?

Based off skull theory it's a boy, based off the fact that I was only ever sick with my son and this one (not with my 3 girls), I'd say boy.

But I really don't know, lol!

Find out in two weeks, I can't wait! :)

Naaaaahh... to me is going to be "inconclusive"... baby implanted at the middle, and I have placenta anterior! :haha:

Here is my ultrasound, what do you ladies think? Its abdominal. Its the same pic just the second one is up close

Attachments

• UltrasoundJan30th.jpg
    UltrasoundJan30th.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 23
  • UltrasoundJan30.jpg
    UltrasoundJan30.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 12
do any of you ladies know of you can use ramzis on a later ultrasound? I only had a us at 18.5 weeks but it showed I had a left lateral placenta. does this mean my placenta is implanted on the left and I'm having a girl?
:) xxx

Midwife said I released from the right ovary... Is that the same?

not necessarily. Did she decide that at an ultrasound? If she did, then im guessing she was basing that on the side the placenta implanted on. If so, then i would say its the same. But it depends on how she knows that.
Early ultrasounds can show what overy was last (if recent enough) active.
Apparently I ov from my left and implanted on the left but still waiting to find out gender yet.

do any of you ladies know of you can use ramzis on a later ultrasound? I only had a us at 18.5 weeks but it showed I had a left lateral placenta. does this mean my placenta is implanted on the left and I'm having a girl?

No, it's u/s between 6-8 weeks. After that the placenta can move and the study wouldn't apply.

No, it's u/s between 6-8 weeks. After that the placenta can move and the study wouldn't apply.

Bethi I don't know that much about it, can you look at my previous post and tell me what you think? I was measuring 6+3

Here is my ultrasound, what do you ladies think? Its abdominal. Its the same pic just the second one is up close

First, I have to preface by saying that, unless you know if the tech flipped the wand, we can't be certain. However, assuming that this picture was taken as is (and of course we have to flip it bc its abdominal), then I would guess boy. BUT as i said that could be wrong, bc we dont know if the scanner was portraying it mirrored or not.

Thanks! I'm trying to stay on team yellow and was a little disappointed when I thought I knew I had a 97% chance of having a girl! Now I'm back to 50/50 :thumbup:

It has to be done in very early pregnancy. After 8 weeks, its typically too late because the placenta has grown and can distort our perspective of where it implanted.

First, I have to preface by saying that, unless you know if the tech flipped the wand, we can't be certain. However, assuming that this picture was taken as is (and of course we have to flip it bc its abdominal), then I would guess boy. BUT as i said that could be wrong, bc we dont know if the scanner was portraying it mirrored or not.

It was real fast, he stuck the wand on there, saw the lil speck of black, zoomed in and took a quick picture and turned it off. I hope you are correct, that would be Amazing!

oh, sorry i meant, flipped the image, not the wand. :blush: some u/s machines are made that flip images automatically....but i'll hope its a boy since i know you want one :D Im secretly hoping mine is a girl lol

ok Guppy I will send all my pink dust your way.................... ;)

Its actualy a bit of a myth that vaginal scans are true images and abdominal are reversed.
Its all to do with the angle the wand is held no matter which type you have.
There are only two real types of images, a transverse and a sagittal and moving tne wand a mear mm can make one look like the other (again abdominal and vaginal are the same).
Its all based on a cross section.
Typicaly sagittal (most pics are sagittal) the left side is belly button, right side is pelvic, top is belly side, bottom is back, there is no right or left of the body.
With transverse images they are more as you see it on the scan pic but the sonographer can change from one to the other with half a flick of the wrist without you even knowing.
Unless the sonographer tells you exactly what is where as they are doing it you arnt going to be able to tell left from right from a scan picture.
Again there no differance or mirror image between a vaginal or abdominal scan.

Hi Guppy051708,

I see where you have been awesome with the gender prediction. Will you please take a look at my scan and tell me what you think? Its at 6wk 4 days and its a trans vag u/s

Attachments

• 2013-12-10 21.54.04.jpg
    2013-12-10 21.54.04.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 20
I forgot to ask where the placenta was for this baby. With my son I had asked during a 6 week scan because I was having some one-sided pain and wanted to know if it was related. So the doctor told me the placenta was on the right. So the theory was correct for my son.

With this pregnancy I had a scan at 7 1/2 weeks and the sac was definitely on the left side. I was also told that's the side I ovulated from. So we'll see. I'd really like a girl.

Hi, can I get help with mine?? :)

My first ultrasound was at 7 weeks 5 days and done ABDOMINALLY.

https://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll188/Dani-Lyn661/baby7weeks5days.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->