Random idea but.......

wishandwant

Reaction score
Hi ladies this may be a random/stupid idea but wanted to know what you thought!

You probably know from my posts that I list a baby just over a wk ago and whilst I will never forget I was thinking of getting a permanent reminder (apart from my scars).

I was thinking of getting a small tattoo somewhere, I'm thinking somewhere know one else will see so it's just for me really. I was thinking of a small star or angel wings.

My dad passed away a few yrs ago so was thinking of getting one for him too, so 2 small stars beside eachother or 2 angel wings!

What do you think?

Xx

Sounds beautiful :hugs: so many people get those permanent reminders just for themselves. that's a lovely tribute idea :hugs:

I think it's perfect! I've been trying to decide what to do for my 2 losses, as well, it seems wrong to not remember them in a special way...

I think it is important. I just found a necklace as a memorial to our 4 angels, abut also to remind me of the journey hubby and I went on over the past year and the changes in us too.
Here is a link to our blog, I posted a pic of my necklace, I found it on Esty.com

I have a tattoo for one of my m/c's. It's a little butterfly, above my left ear. It's mostly hidden by my hair, but I think of it as she is sitting and whispering in my ear, on the days I get really down.

I think its a lovely idea. My OH has a tattoo of the name we chose for him and i have a bead on my pandora bracelet. I plan to get a tattoo too when its safe to again

I think it's a great idea, and good for the mother. I got it mainly cuz when I started to recover and move past it, I started dealing with guilt of thinking I was going to forget. I never have and I know I never will. I know just cuz I don't think of her every moment of every day doesn't mean I've forgotten. But that's why I got the tattoo. Cuz it was a permanent reminder of her, not counting the "permanent reminders" I should not have put on my body. (I cut myself for a long time). The tattoo was a GOOD reminder, and helped me feel better about 'getting over' my loss.

I was thinking something similar to remember my Little Angel. Just waiting for his Daddy to come home and then we can pick something together. I terrified of ever feeling for one moment I've forgotten my baby. XXX

ok so I was thinking as I said of either 2 stars or angel wings but also thinking of a wee quote. if the wings i might put the quote in the middle then a wing either side, or if the stars probably below it.

Can you help me with quotes, ive found these ones, what do you think?

- i know every day for the rest of my life, i will be missing you
- death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal
- when someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure
- sleeping with angels, living with god
- memories will comfort until we meet again
- always loved and never forgotten
- requies aeterna....latin for eternal rest
-may angels quide us
- no easy way from earth to the stars
- hinc illae lacrimae....latin for hence those tears
- post tenebras spero lucem.....latin: after darkness i hope for light
- quem di diligunt adulescens moritur....latin: he whom the gods love dies young
- requiescat in pace...latin: rest in piece

i know theres loads there, but any you particularily like? or any suggestions of your own??

- requies aeterna....latin for eternal rest
- post tenebras spero lucem.....latin: after darkness i hope for light
These are my favorites, especially the one in bold. I tend to go for the ones that are more positive - i personally wouldn't want to look at a tattoo that symbolized anything negative or sad, i like the twist of something beautiful coming out of the pain. the 'no easy way' quote is my favorite because it acknowledges a major loss for you and how hard it is but it also suggests a bigger and better plan for the little one who is somewhere beautiful right now, in heaven. the ones in latin are also very peaceful and well-meaning, and i like that it's in a different language so you can keep the words a little more private.

just a suggestion that you will probably want to keep the quotes pretty short (just a handful of words like the ones i quoted) if you want to keep the tattoo on the smaller side.

Just a random thought, I came across a cool idea of making your babies footprints (or footprints representing your baby) into the wings of a butterfly :) here's the website so you can see what i mean (made me think of this thread because i remembered you were considering wings of some kind) https://butterflyfootprints.blogspot.com/

- memories will comfort until we meet again
- hinc illae lacrimae....latin for hence those tears

I like these. I also really like the footprints to butterfly thing. I wish I had known about that before I got the butterfly tattoo that I got for my first m/c. Very neat aviolet.

https://i55.tinypic.com/j5umwi.jpg

This is what I got for my m/c. I got it in June of 2010, and this was taken actually at the tattoo parlor so it looks very painful... (It was haha)

that looks so pretty cowboys angel! love the placement

Thanks. It hurt so bad...took 7 minutes to do the actual tattoo, and I cried... It bled for like a week, versus the normal 40 mins lol. It's directly on top of my scalp. :(

Wow yeah you were brave!! I have a high pain tolerance for every area except my scalp! I don't think I could do it. At least it didn't take long to do (though I'm sure if felt long!)

Well it felt long, and I also got in on the two year anniversary, so I was already highly emotional...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->