Rant about work

vicwick

Expecting baba #2
Reaction score
So i'm stuck in an office with 2 women who have a little "click" going on you knwo the private jokes and giggling, they're both late fifties by the way so makes it even worse!!!! I expect that from younger girls but not grown mature women, anyway as i'm pregnant i'm not supposed to be left on my own in the office incase anything happens due to Health and Safety. My managers off on holiday this week so they've just left me on my own for the 2nd time this week!!!!!!! I'm fumin, i know there's not much chance of anythiong happening, but one of them never ever goes out for her lunchy and always sits at her desk but for some reason she's decided to go out for her lunch for the first time in 1 1/2 years at the same time as the other one!!!! i can't help but feel they've done it on purpose grrrrrrrr!!!!

Would you make a complaint about this or am i just being hormonal and petty??? bearing in mind i have previously had to make a ciomplaint about one of them cos she keeeps slagging everyone off behind their backs!!

Sorry rant over!!! just had to get it off my chest

Vic xx

I don't know about making a complaint hunny, but didn't want to read and run. I would suggest maybe take some time to think it over, perhaps consider tomorrow whether you feel the same? I know I found myself getting really wound up and maybe a little paranoid when I was still at work but by the same token if there is a rule and they are breaking it, then maybe?

Sorry, not much help really am I?

Email your HR ASAP - theyre breaking the law and your employer should be informed - its up to them what they do they about it. Also their employee liability insurance might be invalid too so its important someone is told. You could say it in a not so tell tale way such as " I was sure the procedure was that I shouldnt be left on my own but I just wanted to check" - also make a note of the times and dates they do it to cover yourself. Hope that helps.

I keep feeling like i'm over reacting but then i think about everything they've done or not done as the case may be!!! I informed my manager when i was just 5 weeks pregnant and told her that a risk assessment needed to be done cos of my pregnancy so at every 1-2-1 i mentioned it but nothing was done i eventually just sat and done one myself at 16 weeks and gave it to her. Then there's the fact i visit people in their properties, dealing with complaints etc and they are still expecting me to visit people and i'm over 7 months now!!! Another girl in another office just found out she's pregnant she's 12 weeks and they've pulled her off all visits!!! i just feel like i'm being overlooked.

Do you have an HR manager or someone who is slightly neutral from the workplace?

This is from the Direct Gov Website.
Your employer, as part of their normal risk assessment must consider if any work is likely to present a particular risk to women of child bearing age. You should tell your employer that you're pregnant as early as possible so that they can identify if any further actions are needed.

Risk assessment
When you tell your employer that you are pregnant your employer should review their risk assessment for your specific work and identify any changes that are necessary to protect you and your unborn baby's health. Your employer should involve you in the process and continue to review the assessment as your pregnancy progresses to see if any adjustments are necessary.

These risks might be caused by:

lifting or carrying heavy loads
standing or sitting for long periods
exposure to toxic substances
long working hours
Your employer must then either remove the risk or remove you from being exposed to it (for example, by offering you suitable alternative work). If neither of these is possible, your employer should suspend you from work on full pay.

If you think you're at risk, but your employer doesn't agree, you should first talk to your health and safety representative or a trade union official. You can also go directly to your employer to explain your concerns. If your employer still refuses to take action, you should talk to your doctor or call the Health and Safety Executive helpline on 0845 345 0055 (8.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday).

If you feel your work is a major risk definately go say something!

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->