Rant: "are you pregnant miss?"

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
Aaargh!

I am a secondary school teacher (11-18) and was asked on three occasions if I am pregnant! In one day!

I was wearing a dress with a peplum style bottom half, but come on! Once was by an autistic boy, which is understandable to a certain extent, but the second time was by a 14 year old boy and the third by an older girl. The girl even refused to believe that I wasn't and told me that "she would wait and see in two months when I announce it"

I mean, wtf? When did it become acceptable to ask a woman that, especially a teacher?

A boy in another class was telling me all about his mums pregnancy (she is having complications) and does so at the end of each class pretty much. She is exactly the same dates as I should be with my most recent pregnancy. I have heard all about her morning sickness, her incompetent cervix, and he had showed me scan pics. I don't have the heart to tell him to stop, he is obviously just excited/worried about his mum and has clicked that I know a little about things, but still!

Oh, and I got really drunk at the weekend and told a friend how desperate I am for a baby, then came home and pretty much demanded my partner impregnates me. I majorly have the fear every time I remember it. So embarrassed!

Personally, I wouldn't ask a woman if she's pregnant or when she's due mainly because I think it's rude and I don't feel comfortable asking. If it were a family member or friend and I knew they would pregnant I would ask when they are due.

My friend got given a seat on the bus the other day, she's not pregnant or fat

My friend was asked "are you pregnant" by a grown adult! She's an average size women probably sized 12. But come on, how rude!

the kids were out of order, but they are kids.. i suppose you just have to try and take it on the chin and then slag them off in the staff room!! :haha: :hugs:
and dont be embarrassed about the thing with your friend, number 1 you were drunk!! and number 2 its in womens natural urges to want children i bet your friend has felt the same at some point!
hope you feel better! x

My friend was asked "are you pregnant" by a grown adult! She's an average size women probably sized 12. But come on, how rude!

She just came up and asked? That's very rude.

I get people offered me a seat on the train and was once asked when I was due!

A teacher at my school got given extra lunch 'because you are expecting!' ....she's not...she's not fat either...she doesn't get school dinners anymore!!

Another thing that I find very frustrating is people asking 'When are you going to have a baby?' or 'are you pregnant yet?' as though as soon as you start trying you are instantly going to fall pregnant. It's so demoralizing....'IM TRYING REALLY HARD BUT IT'S JUST NOT WORKING OK?!?!?!?'

Aaargh!

I have heard all about her morning sickness, her incompetent cervix, and he had showed me scan pics. I don't have the heart to tell him to stop, he is obviously just excited/worried about his mum and has clicked that I know a little about things, but still!
:rofl: The way you worded that was so funny!

I agree that it's rude to ask someone if they're pregnant or when they're due, if they're not family! I think it's okay if they're family though...although telling them they should/shouldnt get pregnant is not really for them to say, or any of their business (I'v had this recently) :/
I also really find it baffling and rude that complete strangers come up to those who ARE pregnant and start rubbing their tummy and talking to them how to take care of their babies when they're born! I dread to think how mortified someone would be if they weren't pregnant and a random came up and rubbed their belly, lol! People seem to have no boundaries these days!

Another thing that I find very frustrating is people asking 'When are you going to have a baby?' or 'are you pregnant yet?' as though as soon as you start trying you are instantly going to fall pregnant. It's so demoralizing....'IM TRYING REALLY HARD BUT IT'S JUST NOT WORKING OK?!?!?!?'

This is hard, right. It puts extra pressure on you. Even if you're taking a relaxed approach. Like society starts to think "Ok you're living together and/or married when are you going to have a baby?"
Or if you have one child "when are you gonna give them a little brother or sister"

This is why OH and I want to take the relaxed approach. And if anyone asks us we're gonna say we're waiting for whatever reason.
Rubbish really.

It would annoy me so much if someone asked me when I would be having children all the time.

It would annoy me so much if someone asked me when I would be having children all the time.

It drives me mad, all the time people ask me and I just say I don't know but I want to scream. I get asked at least once a week

I would tell them to mind their own business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->