RANT (don't read if in a good mood lol)

tiggerpony

Reaction score
I feel bad saying this, but I am so fed up of people texting me and commenting on my FB "when is your due date?" (I've told everyone already, it hasn't changed...) "Any signs yet of baby?" (I am only 31+5 so I bloody hope there arnt any signs yet!) "Is there def only ONE in there? Your massive!" (Yes there is only one in there. Thanks for that) "Are you scared of giving bith? Bet it's going to hurt like mad; glad I'm not you" (Yeah I am scared of giving birth, stop reminding me!) and various other comments like that.

Just getting really peed off in general. And I put a thing out the other day saying after baby is born for the first week (hubby gets 2 weeks off when she is born) we don't want any visitors please as it's bonding time for me, baby and hubby. I pretty much got annoyed/ put out/ upset responses from my friends and a few family members making me feel guilty - but why they being like that? It's not like I am saying "don't visit at all"; I just want the first week alone! :growlmad:

Also, a few friends in particular keep texting me saying "tell me when you go into labour and I'll meet you at the hospital" - UH nooooo.....it's just going to be me, hubby and poss' my mum there! Also I have noticed since being pregnant people who never bothered with me before suddenly want everything to do with me and offering to babysit etc!! It's like, why you bothering with me now?:dohh:

Sorry If I sound horrible but I'm just getting peed off now. It doesn't help I am having the pregnancy from hell with severe sickness, horrific heartburn, awful SPD and back problems and I never get any sleep anymore. Is anyone else feeling like me or am I just being a miserable pregnant cow?!

oh ive just posted to a thread about this, yes same people every wk ask "so when u due" "how many weeks are u now" "what u having" "have u got a name for her" i swear its the same people all the time, sure they dont listen and are only asking because its what u do.

I am going to ware a t-shirt with all the info on every day .......

i posted a thread about this last week lol i hate it to soooo annnnooying!
i get so annoyed !!!!
im on MAT leave now so its gotton a lot better!:wacko:

aw hun i had the exact same thing with my first baby!

i had it every day from the same 4 or 5 people from 37 weeks and sporadically over the 3 weeks before that and might i add i went 2 weeks over due!

when baby was born he was incredibly ill, went straight to intensive care not to mention i had spent 5 hours continuously crying and did not get on the ward until 1am. so i did not text people about his birth until the next day and even then i was really upset having to do it because i mean what do you write baby is here but he is very ill its not exactly nice to have to do. i did it anyway and you can guess some of the responses . . . not oh thats awful we will leave you alone . . it was why didnt you tell us yesterday, oh am i the LAST to know, can we come see you all - yeah because i really feel like people coming round and witnessing my absolute hell! i still get it in the neck that people couldnt have cuddles the first few days well neither did i! so get lost!

grrrr honestly hun it isnt just you!

i also get the oh we have to come and see you and baby once baby is here. . . why after baby is born? do you not want to just see me? and also where have you been the last 7 years?

i told everyone i am probably having a c section this time round even though it isnt 100% confirmed yet. they want to know the date - dont know, the time - dont know, and whether it is possible that i might still go into labour before c section - of course well we will text to keep updated nooooooooooooooooooo! lol

as for people being rude about your choice dont EVEN dare explaining yourself to them you do not have to, i dont want to many people the first few days because it is likely that i will be recovering from major surgery

I have learnt that when pregnant you can never win. You are either too young or too old. Wrong for finding out the sex or wrong for not wanting to know. A bad parent for feeling fed up with being pregnant.

Someone else will always have an opinion. Just tell them that when it is their turn, they can make all the decisions they want but right now its your turn so butt out :haha: Then if they mention it in a few weeks just say "god those hormones make you go crazy" :rofl:

xxx

Im getting fed up with people assuming im "ready to pop" already!! About a week ago, a

woman on the check out in tesco said " You're not going to have that here now are

you? I can't be dealing with all that pushing and panting" (like it would happen that quickly)

I said "no, i have a while to go yet"

Her " are you sure, i can't be doing with that"

Me" No really, i have quite a while" (thinking, shut up you stupid cow)

Her " well, how long do you have"

Me " 10 weeks"

Her" bloody hell, how many do you have in there, you're huge!"

I could have punched her in the face, this was in front of about 7 other shoppers, I thought my husband was going to do a runner as her could feel my rage. I usually take no notice but she was pushing me!!!

some people are so stupid, every week my FIL says by your looking fat are you pregnant (I've not found it funny yet ), and your right the same people seem to ask every week "so how many weeks you got left now or so when will you finish work " :hugs:

i personally hate it when people basically call u a fibber they'll say summat like 'ooo how long u got left?' i'll say '7 weeks' and they go 'are u sure? U r tiny! Eurgh it makes me sick.' oh thanks!!!

They often go on about how HUUUGE they were and how unfair it is that my bump is small. Hmmm its not like i did it on purpose to make ladies who had bigger bumps feel bad. I do hate the ones who touch without permission (not that they'd get permission in the first place my bumps a no touch zone.)

another one i hate is people staring at the bump, i've had people point too n say ooo look at her. I feel totally on display. I dont like it at all. Y do they stare n point?? Ladies get pregnant all the time, its not a new thing. :-s
i feel so self concious, u can really see every movement baby makes and i only know this because a lady pointed it out VERY loudly in the doc's waiting room the other day, i felt like a sideshow!

My belly has exploded in the last couple of weeks. Up until then, people were asking where I was hiding the baby, etc. Now, it's wow you really look pregnant now! :nope: One of the perks though is I can tell people exactly when LO is coming. I'm the same though, I don't want anyone visiting in the hospital save a few select people. One of my friends lives near the hospital and travel isn't easy for him so I'm making an exception for him and same with the godmother and godfather (they have been there for us through all LO's health problems and are almost like a second mom and dad to DH). I'm asking that people phone before coming over once we are home and def give us our space to get used to taking care of a little baby. I don't think it's selfish at all.

I made a conscious decision NEVER to ask a woman 'have you not had that baby yet?' after having my son. One friend in particular ask every single day from about 36 weeks 'so you having any pains?''why don't you take castor oil, it got me in labour twice!''You still pregnant?!' I swear it was relentless, I eventually stopped answering her!

I don't mind people asking how I'm feeling and (if they don't already know or haven't spoken to in a while) how long I have to go but at about 35 weeks I'm gonna have a FB status asking people NOT to ask if I'm still pregnant, I'm sooo annoying! But, as you can see, unfortunately it happens to most pregnant women :growlmad: xxx

I'm disabling my facebook wall the day before I go in for my section. It's my right as a mommy to announce my pregnancy on there and no one else better do it! I'll lose it! :lol:

Argh people are bloody daft!
My MIL can't even remember the right date and keeps asking me over and over, she's told lots of her friends different things too.

x

Ah yes. Went shopping on Thursday and every till I went to in every shop I had the questions..due date..sure there's just one in there..etc..
Had the same when pregnant with my daughter, just gotten used to it! Funny as when you have had the baby, no one cares!!

Due date today... And how many txts have I had asking has baby arrived... LOADS! No you idiots, it's not arrived yet! :growlmad: I know it's only going to get worse in the next 2weeks... :cry:
Oh and met people at the shops today, and when my mum proudly says "this is my daughter- our 1st grandchild is due today" they practically ran away! :( xx

drives me mad too, On my 1st child i turned my phone off in the end,it was doing my head in. I then left it a week before I sent messages to people telling that baby had arrived ;)

Do people really think you're not gonna tell them when the baby comes and that you're gona keep it a secret forever?! You'll let them know in your own time. No-one except people you select need to know when you're in labour either, just really gets on my nerves. If you knew someone was constipated and waiting to do a big poo, you wouldn't hound them with 'have you gone yet?!' 'Oh it might be sore!' 'let me know as soon as it's out!' :rofl: Ok, bad comparison but you get the picture! xxx

Haha that last message made me laugh. Thanks everyone - I am glad I'm not alone in feeling like a miserable so and so lol xx

Do people really think you're not gonna tell them when the baby comes and that you're gona keep it a secret forever?! You'll let them know in your own time. No-one except people you select need to know when you're in labour either, just really gets on my nerves. If you knew someone was constipated and waiting to do a big poo, you wouldn't hound them with 'have you gone yet?!' 'Oh it might be sore!' 'let me know as soon as it's out!' :rofl: Ok, bad comparison but you get the picture! xxx

If anyone hounds me I am so telling them that as well as pregnancy I am also constipated so would they like the good news when that is delivered too :rofl: :rofl:

Agree w everything! I've had ppl asking to stay w us at 36 weeks, no thanks I'm uncomfortable and achey as it is I dont need ppl around me right now for a week.

Also the visiting thing, I'm having my closest relatives to come 6 weeks after birth and they have to stay elsewhere. Why do ppl think its ok to come visit straight after birth? I would never do that and I never had a baby before, to me its just common sense.

I also have friends that when they come round or find out what I'm doing, maybe reading a baby book or buying something for the baby, they laugh really hard and falsely like its funny. The female part of those friends can forget that I'll be helping them out with stuff when they are in the same boat. Or like saying they hope it comes early so they can see it before they go on holiday.

Also saying "fatty" and similar its not that hilarious to me as well as commenting on the bump. Like "aouch that one is gonna do some damage down there dont you think."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->