Rant-feels like I'm going to be pregnant forever!

Blackrain90

DS-2 & Bean on the way!
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you on here can relate to how I'm feeling. Based on original dates doc gave me I am now 40+4 (he later changed it and didn't tell me, so then would be 40+2).

I had a sweep on Tuesday, sex Sunday and yesterday and used breast pump for a bit on Monday (until I saw a bead of colostrum and panicked hahaha). Trying lots of walking and bouncing on my yoga ball as well.

Am also already about 3cm dilated (as of Tuesday) and doc said cervix was softening. I refuse to try castor oil unless I am desperate (plus my body is already doing its own clear out, so not much left in me haha!)

I get a LOT of pain at night- usually tightening or sharp pain in my cervix/bum hole, as well as pain in my back and abdomen, but I don't think I've had any actual contractions, but have had a few BH.

I think I'm so frustrated because it's all people talk to me about so it's a constant reminder. Plus, everyone was certain I was gonna be early (in my baby pool, today was the latest guess!) so I think I just had it in my mind that I would be; not to mention the fact that the other 7 ladies pregnant that were due near me were all early (from a few days to a few weeks!) and now it's just me! Got invited to a baby play date with them all next Wednesday- IF he shows up by then!

I really wanted him out before Saturday so I could go to my family's thanksgiving dinner and introduce him to everyone-my SIL had a baby a couple of months ago, so seeing him at family functions is a constant reminder to me (and everyone else there!) that my baby hasn't come yet.

I just feel really disappointed. Everyone tells me to enjoy my last few days of quality time with him, but it's really hard when every time I touch my tummy, he moves and it HURTS!

Alright, there's my pity party! I sympathize with all you ladies who are more overdue than me!!

I really feel for you!! I know I'm not overdue yet. But I'm pretty certain I will go over. It really is no fun now but at least your cervix is dilating. You're getting there. Stay strong. He'll be here soon. Just wants to make everyone wait that little bit longer.

Totally understand the pain during fetal movements too. Only started getting that over the past 2 days but it hurts!!

I hope he decides to arrive very soon!!

Hopefully! It's funny, we kept telling him he had to wait for things to happen before he could come-my stepmum's surgery, my last day of work, my sisters birthday-I think he got annoyed and just said "screw it, I'm not coming out!!" Hahaha

Lol!! He's thinking, right you wanted me to stay in here so I'm staying!! You've obviously made it too comfy in there for him.

How far will they let you go over before inducing?

I guess!

At 41 weeks he will offer induction; if I refuse, he will send me for an ultrasound to make sure everything is good. If it is, we can go another week from there (my due date(s) are very accurate so he doubts I'll go that long). He knows how strongly I don't want to be induced so he won't push it unless absolutely necessary.

That's good then. I know in some places they really push induction once you're a few days over. Come on little one, come out soon!!

Big hugs.

I feel ur pain I went to 41 weeks, had 2 sweeps.
2nd one did the trick as I went into labour the day after I got the sweep and induction date..

ur babies will be here soon :hugs:

I feel your pain too! Midwife tried a sweep today but couldn't even reach my cervix so couldn't have one. I just wanna cry (oh hang on, I did!).
Just want to meet my little man :(
Hope our bubs come for us soon xx

Tell me about it!!! I'm 40+3 and really frustrated!! I hope things get going for us real soon!

Fingers crossed my doc will do another sweep tomorrow! (Don't know how much time they like to leave between them, this would be 3 days apart).

Sounds like he got confused about you telling him to stay in. Boys. He will learn the language of women soon enough!

Haha no kidding. We knew right away he would be a trouble maker, at our 3D ultrasound that should have taken 15 minutes, we ended up in for over an hour because he pulled every body part possible in front of his face (all arms, legs and umbilical cord!)

I feel for you. I'm not overdue yet (due date is the 12th) but I was in hospital on the 6th for RFM and they gave me a sweep then. Monday 7th I spent a lot of the day getting contractions but they tinkered off and had nothing since.

Hopefully they will make their appearances soon.

Fingers crossed my doc will do another sweep tomorrow! (Don't know how much time they like to leave between them, this would be 3 days apart).
I had a sweep on thursday then another on Sunday and they then booked me in again for wednesday but didn't need it.

The more of an age gap between your baby and your sil baby the better I think, then yours will be smaller and cuter :p, and then she will be jelous that she doesn't have her tiny baby and you do...

I guess that's true-she has already said she misses him being tiny! Plus 3 months is a nice age gap for hand me down clothing!

That's a perfect age gap! LOL. I would take full advantage of that for clothing for as long as possible (like...YEARS) hah

Lol for sure! She has already given us a lot, plus my other SIL has a 5 month old so even more stuff (she is just farther away).

How lucky! We saved all our DD's clothes up to 12 months and some of the more expensive clothes from 18-24m but turns out we are expecting a boy :lol: of course! Unfortunately, we know no one else with babies let alone baby boys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->