Rant - Friend really upset me - about where I shop!!

Iceland is brilliant for a freezer shop, me and OH shop there once a month and stock our freezer up also. We'd be buying the same stuff at asda for the freezer, so why not buy it for cheaper and put the money on something else!!!

Ignore her hun, she aint worth it

Totally agree she has no right to make you feel bad. I wasn't trying to excuse the way she'd been talking to you at all! There's nothing wrong with the way you (and a lot of people) feed your family and I'd seriously be thinking about whether or not I still want to be friends with someone if they started saying things like that to me :hugs: x

Don't worry i didn't have a problem with what you had written:hugs:

I was trying to support her so much last month via MSN, as she fell apparently 'head over' with a 53 yr old married bloke, as soon as she mentioned it i had alarm bells ringing thinking this is gonna end in tears, apparently he was going to leave his wife to be with her, but then she said nothing would happens until he left his wife, and funnily enough he decided to give it another go with his wife.... this is when so called mate hit the prozac and diazepam, apparent feeling suicidal.
So i asked if she wanted me round and i am always on email etc and she goes and throws this back in her face.
My family doesnt like her but i have always defended her, having her kid actually lade her grow up alot and did her the world of good.
She always expects us to go over to her for the evening and rarely comes to us, she says its easier as we have a younger kid ad he can go to bed when ever...
Ewan is now the same age as when that excuse was first said.

What happens when you block some on on msn does it show them that they have been blocked? or do i just look offline?

Sounds like you've been an amazing friend to her, and it's a shame she can't have the decency to be the same back :(

If you block her on msn you will just appear offline, but make sure in the privacy settings you have selected that only people on your allow list can see you status - I'm sure she wouldn't but if you don't tick that box there are certain websites where you can look people up to see if they're actually online x

:ignore: ignore her hun seriously!!

i mean common... boasting about how much she spends on her food bill a week?? sounds like she needs a life to me!!
and to make you feel shitty about what you buy is soooo insensitive of her, she dont sound like a friend to me hun!!
at the end of the day we all budget for what we can afford, i couldnt justify spending £100 a week on food?? thats loads for two people!!
me and my oh spend about £40 a week on food and its plenty for us!!
well maybe a little more than that lately with all the food im eating :munch: lol xx

Thanks to all for replying, certainly helps to rant and know that i wasnt feeling riled for no reason. Will have to see what she has to say later on, if she comes on line.

She had no right to say anything about how you feel your family.
And id just like to say i have to shop on a budget too and ive never thought of iceland before so i apprieciate that :)
Have you tried farmfoods? Some of it arent very good products like their own brands BUT you can get good meat and veg and proper make things there and they are so cheap!!

She had no right to say anything about how you feel your family.
And id just like to say i have to shop on a budget too and ive never thought of iceland before so i apprieciate that :)
Have you tried farmfoods? Some of it arent very good products like their own brands BUT you can get good meat and veg and proper make things there and they are so cheap!!

Will have a look for farm foods, but I've only just started doing iceland, for bbq stuff it was great 40 sausages for £5!! still finishing them now!
economy bags of chicken dippers, lamb chops, chicken fillets - all grade A stuff, they have party food, and general shopping too and its mainly all £1, £2, and £3 so clearly priced! i just do a monthly shop once my freezer is looking a bit bare! and they do free delivery if you spend over 25 quid.,
So my friend can get stuffed, Ewan will eat just about anything, or if it is new we will get him to at least try 2 mouth fulls then he can leave it if he doesnt like.
Come to think of it I don't remeber ever seeing her little one sit and eat veg,

We buy a lot of value stuff. I have discovered that frozen chicken tastes the same as fresh once seasoned and cooked! I've been telling Kevin we should have a look in at Iceland one day when we are in town, to see if we could save even more. We have three humans, a cat and a dog that we feed out of £50 each week, and the most expensive thing we buy is the £9.99 bag of dog food which is necessary as Bailey has a skin condition and issues with certain foods. We buy some things at Tesco and some at ASDA, depending on where we can get certain things cheaper, and we all eat the same meals. Sure, we have different drinks and snacks that we prefer, but when it comes to actual cooked meals, it is the same all 'round. I don't believe in having something cheap for the kids, and fancy for the adults... to me that is nothing but selfish! I'd personally ignore her for awhile if she gives you any more trouble and see if she sorts herself out. Nobody has the right to even imply that you aren't doing your best by your kids, especially when you know that you are feeding your family balanced diets.

Tell her to stick it hun
£100 on food a week but no new shoes for her son? sound like she has her priorities spot on :roll:

We go to Iceland about once a month, for fish, dipper and pizzas etc...
Now we have 4 people in our house and Emily eats more or less adult portions
I have just spent £129 at tesco's on line and this will last us around 3-4 weeks
so how she needs to spend that a week is well beyond me!!!

I need to buy bread and milk every couple of days and maybe top up the fruit and veg but i bet with all that i don't spend £250 a month on our food

It will come back to bite her in the arse one of these days

You know you are feeding your family well and not breaking the bank for it or Ewan missing out on basics such as shoes

xx

I shop at icelands too. as for £100 a week on food she's stupid!!!!

I bought cheap shoes for Ewan and they lasted about 4 weeks so wont do that again, so i think i will send the shoes to a chartiy shop or to an overseas project something like that.

We make our own bread most of the time, unless i see some reduced, and we are growing our own veg, this is our second year and have had a good crop of spuds, onions and carrots so that saves a bit over the winter.

Shes not been online all day so far.
Mind you i think i was quite abrubt with her towards the end!

Well receieved two msn messages this evening to which I havent responded to yet.

One saying Hi ya sorry was feeling cheeky last night.
No2 saying - I was only winding you up honestly.

Strangely enough i didnt find it funny, and not sure how to reply or just leave her brewing for the weekend.

Hah! Well at least she realises she's a muppet, although only half realises, why not just come out and admit she was being a b*tch, "only winding you up" hardly funny!

not much of a mate then hun is she?!?!? puttin u down n that,think she sound jelous of u !

Shes not been online all day so far.
Mind you i think i was quite abrubt with her towards the end!

I'd have been so much worse than a bit abrupt with her!! :grr: :laugh2:

Well receieved two msn messages this evening to which I havent responded to yet.

One saying Hi ya sorry was feeling cheeky last night.
No2 saying - I was only winding you up honestly.

Strangely enough i didnt find it funny, and not sure how to reply or just leave her brewing for the weekend.

:shock: Sorry, but she sounds insane. Being blatently rude to you about the way you feed your family is not what I'd call 'winding you up'. She's probably realised that she was completely out of order but if that's her attempt at an apology I'd ignore her (for longer than just the weekend!)

:hugs: x

What a witch. She was being cheeky and just winding you up? By insulting how you feed your family? Sorry but I'd be pissed! She thinks shes a freakin better mom by spending more on name brand food, but not on freakin shoes for her LO? Thats ridiculous! I do have to admit, we shop at a more expensive grocery store, and we buy all organic foods, but thats because luckily we can afford it right now. And we are also cutting back on other things for ourselves... And I would never put anyone down for where they shop!!

well she apologised again today.
so i said thank you and said that i couldnt speak to her yesterday as i was quite upset, and she said ok.

So we will see how things fair.

Sorry Hypnorm, I've only just seen this. I'm with you - I'd be outraged if someone said that to me!

I do our weekly shop at Aldi, and go to Tesco's or Asda once a month for stuff I can't buy there. Then I'll go to Iceland when the freezers running low. Tesco's have recently brought in their Discount Brands as well, and they are just as cheap as Aldi, and just as good. I just can't see the point in spending 99p on a 2l bottle of branded lemonade, when I can buy Aldi's own for 37p. I buy stuff when it's on offer, and then may even be able to go a week or so without a big shop if things are a tad tight.

Last night, Kayleigh was eating out, and Charlie had an early night, so me and DH treated ourselves. We had sirloin steak, chips, onion rings, grilled tomatoes and peas. The steaks were £2.39 for 2 from Aldi, the chips were Tescos own brand (37p for 1kg), onion rings from Iceland, tomatoes from the garden, and Aldi peas. I bet the whole meal cost less than £3, but it was absolutely beautiful!

Your 'friend' sounds like she needs to justify herself, and show that she's going okay for money now after her previous history. You are a bigger person than I am for forgiving her. Don't know if I'd have been so understanding.:hugs:

cheeky thing, just ignore her hun, i cant stand people who are like that

x

Sorry Hypnorm, I've only just seen this. I'm with you - I'd be outraged if someone said that to me!

I do our weekly shop at Aldi, and go to Tesco's or Asda once a month for stuff I can't buy there. Then I'll go to Iceland when the freezers running low. Tesco's have recently brought in their Discount Brands as well, and they are just as cheap as Aldi, and just as good. I just can't see the point in spending 99p on a 2l bottle of branded lemonade, when I can buy Aldi's own for 37p. I buy stuff when it's on offer, and then may even be able to go a week or so without a big shop if things are a tad tight.

Last night, Kayleigh was eating out, and Charlie had an early night, so me and DH treated ourselves. We had sirloin steak, chips, onion rings, grilled tomatoes and peas. The steaks were £2.39 for 2 from Aldi, the chips were Tescos own brand (37p for 1kg), onion rings from Iceland, tomatoes from the garden, and Aldi peas. I bet the whole meal cost less than £3, but it was absolutely beautiful!

Your 'friend' sounds like she needs to justify herself, and show that she's going okay for money now after her previous history. You are a bigger person than I am for forgiving her. Don't know if I'd have been so understanding.:hugs:

Oh wow that's got me hungry!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->