Rant - Friend really upset me - about where I shop!!

Your 'friend' is not a real friend, or she wouldn't speak like that.

I wouldn't do my main shop in Iceland as we rarely eat frozen food, but they have great offers and are good for stocking up. I remember when I was younger, my mum would shop there a fair bit to keep costs down and the food was always good! never had a problem with their stuff.
Ignore her comments, she obviously feels insecure.

cheeky cow!!!! ignore her she being a snob.
As long as you feed your children what you feel is right then sod what anyone else thinks.

hope you feel ok now
sorry for late post not long since joined.
xxx

pp like that r up2there eyes in debt anyways !!!!!!! so i wud defo say shes jelous of u x

She obviously has her facts wrong in saying that she wants to feed her family "fresh" rather than frozen, as frozen is just as good as fresh, it's just that fresh can loose its nutrients within a week, whereas frozen lasts many mths. She doesn't seem like a friend to me. Ignore her!

I would just ignore her, sounds like she thinks she has something to prove. When you have kids you shop where the deals are. I agree with Sam's mom on the whole you are paying for the label on the "so called" better brands it is all the same. :)

My observation of people like that is this.... The people that dont really have the money are the ones that buy the "Name Brand" Food and the ones who are a bit more well off are the ones who spend wisely. I dont know if it makes them feel better about their financial situations but If you cant afford shoes you should not buy Fillet Steaks...... and the ones that are financially stable are that way because they spend their money wisley....

Your food is just as good, if not better then what she feeds her family with.... and well she should be nice or she will find herself with out friends when she needs them the most.... Dont let her get to you.... its probably her way of making herself feel better. :hugs:

im going to tell you a secret hun..my OH owns his own company but also drives hgv for a chicken company now and again.. the chickens get delivered to a factory get slapped on a conveyor belt go through a machine to tzzzzzz it in half and one side ends up in a bag labled Marks & Spencer and the other half goes into a bag labled Lidl...!!! Its the same bloody chicken though ...
My OH and I are in a position fortunate enough not to worry about money, but we still shop at farm foods, tesco, asda.. we use Marks & Spancer for a treat!!! and i clothes shop at Matalan ... i love the place!!!
Your friends sounds like my SIL a bloody snob, or as my OH says all fur coat no knickers!!! posh on the outside nothing on the inside..
dont feel bad hun, you can see by your pics how happy and content LO is..:hugs:

A lot of people I konw with money troubles are completely thick about it. Last Xmas my sis bought a wii and xbox 360 for 2 of her lo's plus loads more and spent equal amounts on the other 2. 6 weeks before that she had asked me for £1000 to pay her rent as she was being evicted!!!! Hello!!!!
Just ignore her, as long as you are happy then that is all that matters. You have tried to give her advice, which sounds good, and she is not interested. Nor is she teaching her child about effective money handling. She is being a bit of a wally IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->