Rant (kind of)

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
I just had to get this out about this woman I volunteer for at the elementary school.

I went back to the school on Tuesday after staying home the week before with Aiden when he was sick with Roseola. The first thing she starts going on about is how it's so horrible when parent's don't vaccinate their children because then sicknesses get out of hand and everything. I didn't vaccinate Aiden. He's fine. When he got Roseola, it wasn't a horrible case of it. And it went away pretty quick. I just told her "yeah, it's great he got vaccinated." because I really didn't want to get into it and have to defend myself even more.

And then she went on about how there was a baby who died in Milwaukee because it's mom was co-sleeping with it, and killed the baby. She was saying how it is so horrible when parents co-sleep and it's so dangerous and the only place for a baby is in a crib. I neglected to mention that I still co-sleep with Aiden on occasion and I actually feel better when he's sleeping with me.

It's just really frustrating for me to have to deal with someone who is so opinionated. I just tell her what she wants to hear. Anyone else go through this?

Ihate it when people act like that, especially leaving out details. One of the deaths there by cosleeping was on a couch....that's a no no to begin with, even advocates of cosleeping say don't do that. The 2nd was also on the couch, and by a grandmother, not someone who is usually taking care of the child,plus she had been drinking. The 3rd I don't know if there were any other circumstances but in most cases of infant death from cosleeping there are, when done safely cosleeping is SAFE! Don't be drinking then going to sleep with your kid, taking meds and doing it, surronding them with fluffy bedding....it's very rare that a child is smoothered from cosleeping when all of the recommendations on how to do it safely are followed. I saw that the mayor said "If you love your baby, put them in a crib" that pisses me off so bad, so because I coslept I don't love my children? I do it because I love them, I want them close at all times, I love that bond, and I truly believe it's safer than a crib and reduces SIDS. I used to hear stuff like that from people all the time when they found out I coslept, it got to me but I just realized most people making those statements just don't know the facts, they don't know the pros and cons of both sides. Sorry I went off a bit haha, it just bothers me

As for vaccines, I could really go off on that, but I'll keep quiet lol, but we don't vaccinate either, so I've heard that too and just makes me want to smack someone lol. I'm sorry you had to deal with that, I don't know if I would have kept my mouth shut lol

I'm glad someone understands. lol. I'm actually surprised I kept my mouth shut, but I was so exhausted after taking care of Aiden all week that I really didn't have the energy to put up a good fight. And I thought I'd never get the chance to talk to someone else who didn't vaccinate. I felt like I was the only one. lol.

It seemed more common in CO where we lived before...not so much here in TX though. All of my friends do though. We started out with my oldest, he got all his vaccines, then Casen got all but chicken pox, hep a and flu, then I did countless hours of research before Hayden's 1st shot appt and we made the decision not to do it and we are very happy we did. The older 2 don't get any anymore either. My MIL is on me sometimes about it...she actually stole a Parenting magazine from her dr's office because she saw and article that said "Vaccines, taking the fear out of them" I wanted to kick her lol. I was really suprisedthough when she brought it up and right away my DH answers back and spouts off all these statistics I had told him about when making our decisions and really stood his ground and defended our choice, I hadn't realized before how strongly he felt about it all, it felt really good to see him do it lol. Hopefully she will drop it now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->