Rant! Rant! Rant!

Janisdkh

Reaction score
Sorry guys an email today stirred up a lingering feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I am annoyed once again. Everyone wants me to have a boy. I am sick of hearing it I would love a boy or even another girl! I don't care what we are having. Why can't people just be happy for me that I am having a baby. It's not their baby it's mine. I get comments like "Oh youre trying for a boy?" Why just because I have three girls? My family doesn't care what I have as long as the baby is healthy. But my hubbys family on the other hand want it to be a boy.Well a few of them. My boss emailed me today calling the baby a boy and telling me she thinks the baby is a boy. She told me last week that "NO I am having a boy and thats that". My SIL even made jokes that if I have another girl toss her out the window. She was kidding though. I know they are joking and mean no harm, but it bothers me. There is nothing wrong with having four girls and nothing wrong with having my 1st boy. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR people!

Ok I feel better.....

people are so bloody annoying when ur pregnant all i ever got was i bet ur having this or that n i wanted to slap them lol and the thing i hated was baby not here yet then?

im like oh really i didnt no im just 2 weeks over n the size of a house.

now the thing that annoys me is ppl sayin oh isnt he small well no he didnt feel so small wen i was pushin him out of my body!

Omg i know! 8 pounds 3 o is a freaking good size. My daughter was 8.2 and I was told "omg big baby" People are just not fair.

Urgh tell me about it. Even though we've had this conversation lol!

Ohs family are convinced its a boy, his mum said ' you better give me a grandson, ive already got a grandaughter' I felt like saying well if i give you another one wont you want it then?

Ohs little sister is saying i best have a boy aswell, cus she wants a boy for her first so this needs to be a boy!

A baby is a baby at the end of the day, boy or girl, it's a beautiful human being that 2 people have created :)

awww hun, aslong as its happy and healthy it doesnt matter whether its a boy or girl.

I know im probably annoyed over the top, but my god it's all I hear. :( Everyone can guess what I am having for fun .. It's fun, but dont demand what I am having right? It is just annoying. You guys are right thanks Hugs

Oh btw if I have another girl people better congradulate me and not say "oh im sorry, maybe next time" WTF? They did that last time when I gave birth to my dd. If I have a boy they better not say" about time you got youre son" as if I ws tryng for one???? I just want a baby! :(

Yeh i have had this too hun! As i have little girl they were all like 'aww well nevermind aslong as ur happy and theres always next time!! Im like WTF just shut up!!!

People can be so insensitive at times. As long as baby is healthy and happy, what does it matter? What a beautiful expression of love and happiness a baby is.

:hug:

i get this as well hun as we have just found out we're having boy no 3 and we couldn't be happier,

i get this all the time! when i was preg with my son my mum was like 'he this he that' 'cant wait till he comes'... i was like what if i am having a girl mum, dont be so insensitive! i mean wtf!!!! arnt girls as important as boys!? of course they are!! she still says i hope u have all boys! god it makes me so upset and angry! i am expecting a girl and OH and i could not be happier, all i get is 'oh girls are so much harder and not as loving'...WTF i do not care what u think, its our baby so f**k off! of course she will be its our precious baby! why are people like this sooo insensitive :( x

I always think back to the things I have said to people that were pregnant in the past when I wasnt, and guess what, I say so many of these things. I think people want to talk about it, and get excited for you, which is sweet.
It can be difficult to know what to say, so people do often harp on about the usual old things like the sex of the baby.
I dont mind it, but I can understand your frustration.

:hug:

I dont mind people guessing but if you are saying it the wrong way then omfg... hehe Thanks guys for the replies!

I totally get where you are coming from...my mom wanted a girl so badly. And she was like "we will go shopping after the ultrasound" and once it was confirmed to be a BOY! (woohoo) she didnt want to shop anymore. Uh huh.

Now my older brother (who is like 45, drinks too much..and has a totally uptight wife who would never even take care of him when he had his hips replaced.. but thats another thread..) is probably adopting a little one year old GIRL! So my mom is over the moon happy. Which is great..even though shes said 'they should never have kids..' But its a girl..being adopted (we were all adopted) by her only son...

And shes coming right around the same time Im due. I highly doubt I will even get a baby shower now..and Im going to shut up now.

Dont get me wrong I know they didnt plan this..but its sad that I know sex is such a big deal!

https://hugabull.forumup.org/images/smiles/slider_swear2.gif

(we need that emoticon added to the ones here..I LOVE it!)

Oh honey I know how annoying it is. We know we're having a boy, but haven't told anyone apart from close family. All my friends are convinced I'm having a girl and one of my best friends even said that she really hopes I'm having a baby girl because she'd always imagined me with one and doesn't think I'd be much good at bringing up a little boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't people keep their stupid opinions to themselves - or not have such thoughts in the first place!

Oh Janis - rant away! People are just being people! They think that they have every right to say whatever they want, whenever they want. Especially when you are pregnant!

I know its easier to say, but ignore them or even better, tell them to MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS!

I consider myself lucky as I haven't had any of this yet but I'm sure I will eventually....

i know what you mean - I keep getting asked if i am hoping for a boy, as my first is a girl. I always respond by saying " i want a healthy baby" i reaLLY don't mind if its a boy or a girl.

I can see why everyone's getting annoyed! I've not really had any of this yet 'cause I've not really told many people I'm pregnant. However, although I'll be happy either way, I just have a feeling it's going to be a boy (not sure why or how!) whereas my parents were convinced it's going to be a girl. My mum even started getting knitting patterns out that were girly, saying "If it's a boy it doesn't matter, he can still wear things like this." It doesn't matter now though 'cause they've completely disowned me because of my decision as to how to bring the baby up. Ah well - at least now I won't get any trauma!

I know how you feel!
I have two boys and I am sick and tired of people saying "bet you hope this ones a girl hey?"

Well actually I will be over the moon whatever it s as longas it arrives healthy in one piece!

I have lost count of how many people have said 'you hoping for a girl'

UGH!!!!

Thanks ans hugs to everyone who responding. I am so sorry you guys are going through this too! I really wish people would keep those thoughts to themselves. I bet though they realize once they fall pregnant. Why do most of the older people say it though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->