rant

apple1234

Reaction score
Just got back from the doctors and need a serious rant. Long story short last year i had three early miscarriages. Two lasted for 8/9 weeks even though I was only 5 weeks gone with both. The epau kept fobbing me off saying 'take a test in two weeks and then call us back'. At the same time they knew that at the time of both miscarriages by HCG levels were only around 90 - so for 8/9 weeks I had low levels of hcg as evidenced in constant bfps and also bleeding. Anyway i paid privately to have all the usual tests and i was referred to my local recurrent miscarriage clinic. Privately i had a hysto/laposcropy, d&c, lapdye and biopsy (yes all at the same time!). I have stage one endo - which my fs said was in no way connected to my recurrent miscarriage issue. He also found that my left fallopian tube was dilated and convoluted - which he put down to an infection from one of my miscarriages (so basically because my epau left me for 8/9 weeks twice i now have a twisted tube - he and the fs at the recurrent miscarriage clinic have both said that there was no way i should have been left for so long). Anyway he has found no cause for the miscarriages and has suggested steriods. At the same time the recurrent miscarriage clinic are going to test me for nk cells - but this is literally the last thing that i can have done to try and establish what is wrong. Anyway i went to my docs today because i came on my period (2nd after having all the above procedures done) 4 days early and have literally been to weak to get out of bed. The bleeding is super heavy and full of clots (tmi sorry). I know periods can be weird but i am sensitive to the whole infection thing because of the twisted tube issue. Well my GP treated me like an absolute idiot - he basically questioned what my consultant had said about the infection/twisted tube (my fs has 30 years experienced and is highly regarded throughout the country) my feeling is he is worried that i will somehow hold the surgery responsi:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:ble because during the 8/9 weeks i also contacted them about the issue and like the epau they were like 'these things happen'. I then told him that my fs has also suggested ivf to ensure the egg and sperm are the best of the best and i asked if i would qualify on the NHS. Well he then lectured me on the fact that i already had a child and that there are people who dont and they are more important - i was like, i get that those couples are a priority - but dont try and make me feel guilty for asking about something that could potentially stop me from losing a forth child!!!! i am so mad right now just writing this!!! Anyway am i wrong to want to complain to the epau for potentially leaving me with a twisted tube and do you think i should complain about the docs complete lack of empathy? I actually said to him, this nk cells test is the last test i can have, so what options do i have after that and he repeated what i had told him i already had tested/tried such as progesterone!!!!! did i say that i am really mad right now!:growlmad::growlmad:

How rude and unthoughtful and unprofessional ! How dare someone say you have less rights than a childless couple (and i mean no offense to said childless couples). These things cost money, you too have paid a lot of money and are trying to get the help you deserve and to be totally blown off ? I'd be furious if it was my first, 5th, or 18th child !

Thank you! Sometimes you need a stranger to agree as loved ones are bound to! I am putting a complaint in about him xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->