Rant!

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
I just confided in my friend that I'm pregnant, she knew we were TTC, and i told her that today i was preparing some healthy meals for my toddler in case I can't face cooking soon. (She knows I had awful sickness last time).

She said "you won't have time to feel sick this time Micah will keep you busy" and then when I mentioned the horrid taste in my mouth she said, "i think it's easy to imagine symptoms I didn't feel pregnant at all for ages with both of mine".

I can't believe she's saying I imagine my symptoms?! I don't know how to respond I just ignored it but it's really got to me. I was signed off work for weeks last pregnancy and took anti emetics, I was nearly admitted to hospital as I couldn't even swallow my own saliva. Grrrr

It's not something I'd personally get annoyed about, but everyone's different and you're entitled to feel the way you do.
Maybe she wasn't trying to be horrible but just being careless with her words? She hasn't said anything directly mean has she?
Sometimes people tar everyone else's pregnancy with the same brush as their own. Obviously we're all different, I always get some early symptoms

I think I know what she means but maybe she could have worded it better! I'm 7-9 weeks pregnant with no2 and my DD is 16 months old and this time round when I'm so busy looking after her (she keeps me on my toes lol) I find I forget about the feeling but a soon as I stop it comes back I still have no appetite though and I feel worse sometimes more than others... Lots of flat lemonade helps me :)

Oh believe me there's no forgetting my nausea...

I have a 2 and 1/2 year old and I'm the same as you no chance of forgetting nausea its there and its strong. I told one of my friends and he's blabbed it to 2 people I don't even speak to anymore. I'm only 10 weeks xx

It really did especially when one had a big fall out with me over my own wedding so wasn't impressed xx

I have a 3 and 5 year old and I am busy all the time but I cant forget the nausea and horrible taste :(

Being busy just makes it so much worse- not able to forget- I hate it when people compare their symptoms/ MS as everyone is different - a couple of my friends were the same to me and just couldn't seem to admit that my MS was really bad. I think they thought I was just complaining about nothing as they had MS too and just thought I was being weak. One of them, who is also pregnant, would go on about everyone else she knows having bad morning sickness as though I didn't exist and was making mine up. Like it's a competition! MS is so debilitating and depressing! I hope your's doesn't last too long and I would ignore the comments from your friend. Its annoying though!!

Erm I don't know what she's talking about but I'm finding my sickness a lot harder this time especially having to care for my son! I've barely been able to even go anywhere near the kitchen never mind cooking! Oh and about the horrible taste in the mouth I have that too.

I just wish I could forgot or 'have no time' for it lol

I have a friend like that - she's pregnant with her 3rd, so she therefore knows how ALL pregnancies are, lol. She's a know-it-all, and it always rubs me the wrong way. So I've just stopped confiding in her. Now she finds out personal info about me in mass texts or FB like everyone else.

Well she couldn't have had much in the way of morning sickness if she was able to ignore it. My sickness was terrible this time and even the antics of DS wasn't enough to make me block it out. Me personally, I wouldn't tell someone that 'this is how it'll happen', cause nobody can predict how pregnancy will be. All I can say is hopefully you'll find it easier this time round, and if not hang in there.

Yesterday she asked how I was and I said, "OK just tired".. Apparently I can't be tired yet because baby " isn't plugged in yet".. Ooook... I guess I'm imagining being tired too! I work nights and have a toddler anyway so I'm always b***dy tired! But I'm pretty sure pregnancy fatigue happens right away at least for me anyway.

I was tired since 5 weeks so she's wrong again everyone's pregnancy is different xx

Haha. I'm irritated and I don't even know the lady! :rofl:

Oh sure, I'm sick, exhausted, crampy and moody but no worries! I will just take care of my son and I will magically feel like butterflies and rainbows. '>.>

I have issues even making certain meals for my son lately. All I can safely eat really are fruits and vegetables. Preferably raw. Unless I have a craving for something in particular. Now, my darling boy has a huge thing for meats right now which make me feel ill just thinking about them and forget smelling them. I've had to butter up my husband to handle those meals. All he is getting from mommy is mac and cheese or grilled cheese and vegetables. NO strong scents.

Wow she must have had easy pregnancies I guess. I had bad all day nausea from 6 somewhere around 16 weeks (it began easing sooner but felt more normal then) and the exhaustion hit me at 4 weeks badly. I have a 5 and 3 year old and it didn't help me forget anything. Needing to make them meals and chase after them reminded me even more lol I'm with sweettart.. This lady annoys me and I don't even know here lol if it was me I'd quit responding bit then... That could be my hormones talking :haha:

I would have found it so hard to not say something passive agressive! Some people...

Hang in there, those of us with unimagined MS feel for you!

Why does she bother asking how you're feeling, if she's just going to invalidate everything you say. How annoying. :growlmad:

My mom and OH actually told me if I exercised or went outside maybe I wouldn't feel so bad. How irritating. They acted as if this is my fault and like I could control it. Like they would actually THINK of exercise if they were the ones feeling nauseous and fatigued 24/7?? Doubt it.

Definitely not nice for her to say you are imagining symptoms...
With my son I was literally dead sick and unavailable for the first trimester...then I felt great.
With this one I had very mild symptoms the first trimester...so it can totally vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->