Ranter needing some reassurance from fellow tryers x

J

Just_married

Hi girls, fellow tryers, fellow ranters.
I just really need to have a wee rant and moan.
Now into month 7. Months 1-4 I was so positive.
Month 5 I think reality kicked in and I haven't even been thinking about it. Month six I turned 40 and still not really thinking about it - but had what I thought was hardly noticeable implantation bleed. Then the witch came 3 days early, and my cycle is NEVER that short. No idea what that means - are my cycles starting to mess up cos I'm older? Does anyone have any ideas about that? Can anyone over 40 tell me of a success story to help me refocus? Is 6 months not long for my age TTC?

Sorry, just need some reassurance and encouragement, if any of you have some to spare

Hi Hun :D

Well, I have a friend who is celebrating her 41st birthday in January and she had a healthy baby girl 6 months ago.
She had already given up hope on starting her own family (she met her husband quite late, only few years ago) and she was well surprised when she found out she was pregnant.
She and her partner weren't trying for a baby but nor were they using any protection for like 2 years...
Don't give up hope, these days anything is possible :hugs:

And the irony of this is that I am 31 now and I don't seem to be getting pregnant lol, she always tease me about it but I know one day I will get there!!! (And so will u!)

I had an mc at 7-8 wks at age 41; am now at 44 (altho conceived at 43), almost 23wks with a healthy little baby boy; hang in there -- we tried for over a year this time and just tried not to get too stressed (much easier to say than do); so if you get your monthly 'friend', use it for good,not evil ( I lost weight last year, quit smoking, and looked at each month as another month to concentrate on 'project me' (after the usual tears of course!)...

best wishes

No it isn´t long for our age, a year is normal. I see women every week who look older than me and have small babies, so of course it happens!!! and I hope it happens soon and you get your bfp before your year is out.

Although 6 months is not long to try, I'd go see your doctor to make sure there are no issues (doing a SA on your partner in particular is easy-peasy!) so you don't waste any time! I'm younger than you (38 next month) but we've been trying for about 14 months so far - my DH has had a good SA and I am getting a HSG test done next week.

As for your short cycle, I wouldn't read too much into a 1-off cycle. You may just have not had a "good egg" that cycle. If you consistently get short cycles, it could be a sign of declining egg quality.

Are you charting your temps? That way you'll know if the early period was from an early ov or from a shortened luteal phase.

Good luck and happy :sex:

Velo - did you figure out your issue with transport to your HSG? Just to say I had an HSG Thursday and it was toooootally no big deal at all - could have done anything after. I guess there's always the chance you could have a troublesome one, but i think chances are - you'd be fine to do whatever (bike etc). Probably just good if you had a contingency plan for a fallback option, but I think otherwise you'd be fine :thumbup:

Velo - did you figure out your issue with transport to your HSG? Just to say I had an HSG Thursday and it was toooootally no big deal at all - could have done anything after. I guess there's always the chance you could have a troublesome one, but i think chances are - you'd be fine to do whatever (bike etc). Probably just good if you had a contingency plan for a fallback option, but I think otherwise you'd be fine :thumbup:

My DH arranged to take a few hours off of work, so he should be there to pick me up within a half hour or so of me finishing depending on how long the test takes.

Glad your HSG went well! :dust: that it will improve your chances!

My grandmother had 3 kids after 40 and my mom had 1 at 40. I mention them just because it was before we had things to help.

I would also suggest temping. It is an easy way to track your cycle & see if your O'ing. FF has an easy system as well.

Hi just married!

No, 6 months isn't long at all, (even though it probably doesn't feel that way). I've had 3kids and I am ttc #4 at 34. Only once have I gotten pregnant prior to 7 months.

I would suggest going to see a doctor though and getting the ball rolling. May as well fast track it.

Good luck.

Hi just married!

No, 6 months isn't long at all, (even though it probably doesn't feel that way). I've had 3kids and I am ttc #4 at 34. Only once have I gotten pregnant prior to 7 months.

I would suggest going to see a doctor though and getting the ball rolling. May as well fast track it.

Good luck.

Thanks Ready, we are making an appointment this week as even the NHS website says women over 35 should see doc after 6 months TTC just to get the 'ball rolling' as you say.

I'm a bit hesitant to start taking temperatures, I know what I'm like and I think this will make me dwell on it too much, whereas just now I'm managing to keep my mind off it when I need to.

Did you use/take anything to aid conception? Suppliments/Preseed/etc. Just curious ;)

Hi just married!

Good luck.

Thanks Ready, we are making an appointment this week as even the NHS website says women over 35 should see doc after 6 months TTC just to get the 'ball rolling' as you say.

I'm a bit hesitant to start taking temperatures, I know what I'm like and I think this will make me dwell on it too much, whereas just now I'm managing to keep my mind off it when I need to.

Did you use/take anything to aid conception? Suppliments/Preseed/etc. Just curious ;)

It's evolved. For the first 8-9 months, I did nothing other than have sex while fertile. Of course, I tried various timings (even cycle days, odd cycle days, every 24 hours, every 36 hours, and every 48 hours) and positions.
Then, I had some blood work done.
Around cycle 10, I started taking my temp.
Cycle 14, I went and saw my RE.
Cycle 15, I tried the drug femara and did IUI.
These past 2 cycles, I ditched the thermometer and used opks (which didn't really tell me anything I didn't know, but what the heck. May as well try it).

It did get too intense for us, so I had to stop with the temp taking and going to the doctors. I can understand why you don't want to get in too deep and dwell on it.
If you know that you ovulate, you technically don't need to temp, but most women have a really difficult time determining when they are most fertile, and temping can help you determine when you usually ovulate.

Another way to determine your fertile time is with opks. But, I think OPKs are pretty unrealiable. Some women have 3 days straight of + and then ovulate a day after the last +. Some women (like me) have a short surge, get one +, and ovulate on the same day.

Hopefully you'll just get lucky soon and won't have to self educate about bbt, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->