Rapid heart rate - anxiety? preeclampsia?

atalanta85

Reaction score
(I have my next midwife and doctors appointment in three days...)

I've been having some unusual things happening at odd times lately. I've been seeing flashing lights, different to what I'd normally see at the start of a migraine. Also, hot flushes, sudden dizziness, thirst etc. These happen randomly, but not frequently enough for me to think anything bad about it.

I did check my blood pressure last week at work and it was a little elevated at 127/85. Normally I'm around 110/75-80.

Today I was worried though. All I was doing today was sitting down watching a school assembly then all of a sudden, it felt like the onset of an anxiety attack. It wasn't until I got back outside into the cool air that my heart rate and breathing slowed down.

Preeclampsia keeps coming to mind, but am I just starting to be paranoid?

EDIT: I did suffer some anxiety attacks a few years back, but haven't had any since.

I get fast heart rate, shortness of breath and dizziness with being anaemic. Get your bloods checked at your next appt. iron tablets are helping me, slowly but surely!

I get fast heart rate, shortness of breath and dizziness with being anaemic. Get your bloods checked at your next appt. iron tablets are helping me, slowly but surely!

I've always had very low iron (not anaemic, but always within a few points of). I just had my glucose challenge test and full blood examination last week, so I guess I'll find out where it's at in a few days.

Was actually discussing low iron levels with my partner on the weekend - I don't do easy/moderate cardio because I have to have a sleep afterwards. I painted the nursery and that night slept 12 hours!

I've always had very low iron (not anaemic, but always within a few points of). I just had my glucose challenge test and full blood examination last week, so I guess I'll find out where it's at in a few days.

Was actually discussing low iron levels with my partner on the weekend - I don't do easy/moderate cardio because I have to have a sleep afterwards. I painted the nursery and that night slept 12 hours!

I'm the same - iron levels at 120 are the norm for me but when I was tested at 28 weeks I was 107 then fell to 100 at 34 weeks. With iron tabs, sprouts and red meat every other night I have managed to get it up to an impressive 112! I'm having a csection and need it high as anaemia with a nursing newborn is no laughing matter!

I've been in hospital on pre e watch and have had the exact same symptoms. I've also had so e anxiety attacks though and am now in iron!

I would definitely follow up on your bloods and make sure your hemoglobin (which is a measure of anemia) isn't low. That does sound a lot like anemia given that your BP is normal. Of course, I'd still let your midwife know and she can re-check your BP and your urine just to be on the safe side.

My iron levels were normal during pregnancy, but dropped right after birth (not sure why, as I didn't bleed much and was otherwise healthy). I felt horrible, lightheaded, short of breath, fast heartbeat, really out of it. A few days of iron tablets and spatone and lots of iron-rich foods and I felt fine again. In the meantime, you might just try adding in some extra iron to see if it makes you feel better. If you're otherwise healthy, there's no harm in it and it might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->