rasberry tea

nai nai

Reaction score
hey i just brought sum rasb tea and was wondering how much i should drink a day and if its any good iv herd loads of mixed feelings about it just wondering if any of u ladys were or are drinking it x

I'm currently taking 4 cups a day but I have been slowly increasing my dosage from 32 weeks.

there's a really lovely lady on here Gill find her n ask if u can hun xxx

I have just brought some too. Would also like to know the answer to this.

I think you start at 1 cup/tablet from 32 weeks and gradually build up to max 4 cups a day.. thats what i've been doing anyway

Does it taste nice?! I might buy some but don't wanna waste my money if its horrible! x

Is like fruit tea.. tastes noce with honey... if you dont like the taste though, they have capsules too

Oooh I like fruit tea, I read on another thread it was rancid lol, think I'll get some, I've seen it cheap on ebay! x

I have just come back from my hypnobirthing class and the woman running it said that raspberry leaf team just increases the amount of BH's and the intensity of them. She said there is no scientific evidence that it brings on labour.

So I defo won't be using it.

i think im gona buy some of this!! if i dont like it il deffo take the tabs! never even heard about it before! xx

what it does is it speeds up the second stage of labour,.
doesnt bring on labour.

I drink it when i can but try to have at least 2 or 3 a day! i love it.

x

I had a quick look into it yesterday and apparently it doesn't bring on labour but is supposed to make labour a little easier.

I think its just one of those things that there is no harm in trying, like eating pineapple, curry etc...they probs don't work but it gives us something to do while we're waiting hehe!! xx

what i no off it is that it does not bring on labour but makes the uterus stronger , making labour easier. Have no persona experince but will be trying it from 32 weeks

Here's an article I just read on it...

The benefits

Raspberry leaf tea is nutrient rich and contains many of the vitamins and minerals necessary for a healthy pregnancy including vitamins A, C, E and B, magnesium, calcium and iron. Consuming raspberry leaf tea not only helps mother and baby to get all the nutrients they need but can also help to replenish a new mothers stores after the birth.

Raspberry leaf tea also contains the alkaloid 'fragine' which is said to strengthen and tone the muscles of the uterus, helping them to contract more efficiently during labour. Research has found that taking raspberry leaf during the weeks prior to delivery helps to shorten the second stage of labour by making contractions more effective. Some studies have also found that it reduces the need for an assisted delivery (i.e. an emergency cesarean or use of forceps or ventouse).

Sipping raspberry leaf tea during and after the birth is also said to help the uterus contract back down to size, reduce after birth bleeding and help initiate the let down of breastmilk.

While there hasn't been a huge amount of research into this area, the general consensus does seem to be that drinking raspberry leaf tea during the latter stages of pregnancy can help to make for a 'better' labour with few side effects.

How to take raspberry leaf tea

Raspberry leaf tea can be taken in tea bag, loose leaf, tablet or tincture form and is available from most herbalists and health food stores.

It is advisable to wait until the 32nd week of pregnancy before trying raspberry leaf tea as there is a concern that consumption before this time in the more fragile, earlier stages of pregnancy could lead to problems. Once you have reached the 32nd week of your pregnancy you could begin with one cup of raspberry leaf tea a day and gradually increase up to 4 cups or tables a day (although this may vary in accordance with the strength of the blend and the manufacturers instructions).

While there is no guarantee that raspberry leaf tea will help speed up the labour process, if you like the taste it might just be worth a try.

((I think I'll definitely start drinking some next week!))

I've bought some tea today but i'm waiting until tuesday to have it! Last time i was pregnant i had one cup and my waters broke the next day, maybe coinsidence but i have to go to lottie's nativity and don't want to miss it for the world :rofl:

I started at 32wks with a cup every 2nd day or so.. really when I remembered, since 34wks have been making a point of having a cup every day and will increase this over the next couple of weeks so that by 37wks I'm having 3-4cups a day,

personally I love the taste, I have it with a sweetner in it like I would any other herbal tea and I really enjoy it.. but then I've always loved the fruity flavour teas anyway.

TBH, for those not sure.. a box from Hollands and Barretts cost £1.20... not exactly a huge amount of money if it turns out you don't like the flavour.

I bought some at Hollands and Barretts yesterday and had my very first cup last night. I didn't even put any honey in it and it was still lovely! :D

I am quite enjoying it as well, with no sugar added, although the kind I got does have some other flavourings added to it, such as apple and raspberry (berries, not leaves!).

I bought some but ill wait till 34 weeks to start it, dont know why lol i just feel safer then :lol: xx

Glad I've read this thread, I bought a couple of packs the other week in Holland and Barrett and I wasn't sure when to start drinking it but I think I might have my first cup tonight :thumbup:

I like fruit teas so hopefully I'll like this too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"