raspberry leaf tea and breast cancer?

mexymex

Reaction score
Hey

I was just googling on the internet, and thought I would look up about this RLT I was embarking on drinking for the next 4 weeks!
I found a couple of sites that said that you should avoid if you have history/family history of breast and ovarian cancer among other things.

My midwife said that she hadnt heard this before, I was just wondering if any of you ladies had heard of this?

All the ingrednts are natural though, and it says in loads of sites how good tea can be, Im just really confused what to do as I want the benefits of the RLT but I have breast cancer in my family history.

Thanks

M

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregna...gyourbabysbirth/raspberryteaeaselabourexpert/ this one and

this one https://www.ehow.co.uk/about_6398707_red-raspberry-tea_.html

:)

Just bumping this thread as I am planning to start RLT at 32 weeks and my mum had breast cancer.. Does anyone know much about this? I'm upset because I really wanted to use it :(

My midwife specifically said it should not be drunk under any circumstances before 36 weeks when I asked on Tuesday. Don't know about the link with cancer though. I can't drink it anyway due to previous c section. x

Im also confused because everywhere says start at 32 weeks and my midwife said 37. Not sure about the cancer link either?? X

If you've had a c section you're not meant to drink it as it tones the uterus. If you've had a c section, it can increase your chances of uterine rupture.

Hrm, well I thought about taking it but if there's any sort of risk to people with history of cancer then I'm not going to. My mom died of breast cancer, and my grandma, grandpa, uncle, and aunt all died/had various other types of cancer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->