Raspberry Leaf Tea

F

Fortune Cooki

Which brand of Raspberry Leaf Tea do you recommend? I'm in the U.S.
Also, when should I start drinking it?

Hi, not sure on the brand you'd drink in the US as I'm UK-based. I started drinking it at 36 weeks, one cup a day for first week, two cups the second week, and three cups a day from 38 weeks onwards. Not sure if it made a difference to my labour, but I've since read its good for breast milk and I never struggled with my supply in those early days x

was also wondering this as I planned on drinking it in my 3rd trimester as well. I am also in the US

was looking online and found this
https://www.amazon.com/Traditional-...482747&sr=8-1&keywords=red+raspberry+leaf+tea

I'm not in the US but I just ordered mine from there. I ordered from iherb.com. I got a 1lb bag of loose tea for I think $10? Oh just checked - it's $9.10. They also have an organic one for $14.70.

I'm not sure when to start drinking it either. Was just coming on here to ask if 22 weeks is too early lol.

Just did a quick Google and found this
That is going to depend on who you talk to. Some doctors/midwives recommend a maximum of one cup per day during the first trimester. Others suggest 1-2 cups throughout pregnancy and increasing to a quart (4 cups) a day during the last six to twelve weeks. Personally I did about a cup a day throughout pregnancy and am trying to get a quart in a day now that I am in the last six weeks. Consult your own caregiver, do your own research and do what feels comfortable to you.
Taken from https://journeytocrunchville.wordpr...rry-leaf-tea-what-every-pregnant-woman-needs/

I'm going to start drinking a cup a day now and start increasing it when I get to third tri.

I've read so many various things about when to start. Some begin in first trimester, others say to wait until third trimester. I guess no one knows for sure, and I bet everyone's body reacts differently to the tea.

I take the red raspberry leaf capsules (2 in the morning with my prenatal). I was initially going to buy the tea but the salesperson in the health store told me that the capsules are more concentrated, or something like that! Which means that instead of having to drink 3 cups of tea a day I just take the 2 capsules-much easier!

I'm not in the U.S., so I'm not sure what brand would be best, but just get something (either tea or capsules) that is affordable and easy enough to buy. As for how to take it, I started drinking usually a cup of tea a day (it's not pure RLT, it's got a few other things in it too) at 32 weeks and then also started taking 500mg capsules from 34 weeks. So at 32 weeks it was just a cup of tea, then at 34 weeks, it was a cup of tea and 1 capsule, at 35 weeks a cup of tea and 2 capsules, etc. I'll do that up to probably 4 capsules a day or so and then maintain that amount until birth. I also plan to drink tea during the birth and after as well to help with uterine contraction.

I'm not in the U.S., so I'm not sure what brand would be best, but just get something (either tea or capsules) that is affordable and easy enough to buy. As for how to take it, I started drinking usually a cup of tea a day (it's not pure RLT, it's got a few other things in it too) at 32 weeks and then also started taking 500mg capsules from 34 weeks. So at 32 weeks it was just a cup of tea, then at 34 weeks, it was a cup of tea and 1 capsule, at 35 weeks a cup of tea and 2 capsules, etc. I'll do that up to probably 4 capsules a day or so and then maintain that amount until birth. I also plan to drink tea during the birth and after as well to help with uterine contraction.

Mine is pure rrlt - its just the loose leaves and it smells like hay :sick: lol.

I'm in the US and use Traditional Medicinals. You can start at any time, it's just a uterine toner.

I'm in the US and use Traditional Medicinals. You can start at any time, it's just a uterine toner.

This brand is probably the easiest to find. I'm usually a big herb tea drinker so I doubt I'll mind how it tastes. I used to even drink dandelion tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->