Raspberry leaf tea

maybebaby3

Proud mum of 4!
Reaction score
When can you start taking it and how much a day? I keep reading conflicting info! Thanks :) :flower:

32 weeks it says on my box. I have started drinking 1 cup a day and will up it to 2 cups at 34 weeks and then 3 at 35 an 4 at 36. I really hate the taste of It lol

32wks. I got the capsules and will start with 3 a day and ramp it up to 6 by 36wks
Xx

OOo I will be buying some, I thought you started it later than that.

I had a really quick pushing stage last time and the MW said the RTL would have helped x

my midwife recommended it from 35 weeks but because I'm breech she has warned me off it full stop :(

Sprinkle a little bit of sugar in with it, it helps the taste!

I started drinking it from 28, one cup a day.
I will be increasing by one cup every 2 weeks.

Everything I saw online said 32 weeks, but when I researched papers published and studies done, people were taking it from 12 weeks. With no ill effect.

Everyone says different times so I think you need to research and asses yourself!

I just red this: (chemistdirect)

Fsc Red Raspberry Leaf - Red Raspberry is a traditional herbal remedy for general pregnancy support. It can be taken safely throughout pregnancy, and it works to nourish and tone the system (in particular the uterus). Raspberry leaf has astringent properties and can also increase milk flow after birth and speed recovery.

FSC 500 mg red leaf raspberry is a herbal pregnancy support that contains a traditional herbal remedy of red raspberry. This herbal remedy can be taken safely throughout pregnancy and works through nourishing and toning the system, in particular the uterus. The product has astringent properties that also help to increase the flow of milk after birth and also aid in speedy recovery.

Took it with my first from 34 weeks., Ended up near 2 weeks over due induction and emerg c section anyway. Never brothered with second .

I started it at about 34 weeks, just because I had trouble finding it. I drink 2 cups a day now. It's hard enough to remember, I would do 3 I am just so busy.

My midwife said strictly not before 36 weeks and not at all if you've had a prior c section.

My midwife said 38 weeks so I start the capsules tomorrow - although dd came at 38 weeks exactly

Just started taking today. Has anybody else felt cramping and tightening after taking? I've had 2 cups and after both I have had cramps for about an hour after

Just started taking today. Has anybody else felt cramping and tightening after taking? I've had 2 cups and after both I have had cramps for about an hour after

Yeah apparently it can increase braxton hicks, it did that for me last time!

I was shocked how quickly my body reacted to it, thought first time it may be coincidence but second time I thought it must have something to do with the tea. I bought mine in holland and Barrett but most health food shops should have it in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->