Raw veggies- when and how?

My lo has had raw pepper and cucumber since 6/7 months. Carrots a bit later when he had more teeth!

My LO is 15 months and has 4 molars. Can he do raw carrot, celery, etc?

Same as mwah here, you could grate carrot and anything else if you were particularly worried but we just gave different foods as and when we ate them.
Xx

I'd say at 15 months he'd be fine with raw carrots and anything similar. My LOs had things like cucumber from 7ish months and soft veggies, I gradually introduced more solid foods so I'd say by 12 months they were eating things like raw carrots. If you're worried you could always boil the carrots a little to soften them slightly at first before giving them to him completely raw.

We did them from the start, in fact, cucumber sticks were one of my daughter's first foods at 6 months. Some of the harder things they might not really be able to chew until they have molars, which is usually after 1. But no harm offering it and seeing what they can do. My daughter now often grabs a whole carrot out of the basket of veg on the shelf in the kitchen and eats it! She's almost 2 now, but she's been eating whole cucumbers since probably 16 months. If it's cut to a more manageable shape, they certainly will be able to handle it more easily from much younger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->