Re-using Flip outers

Jetters

Reaction score
....do you??

Flips are my favourite nappy :D and I wondered how many of you do actually reuse the outer and just replace the insert like they say you can?

I alternate between two outers all day (unless he's pooed)- so I take one off at nappy change and put on a second, then at the next change put the first one back on with a fresh insert, and so on. I wipe the cover dry first.

However, weehuggers claim you can do the same thing, but as they are made of fabric the outer is *always* wet and so I hang it up to dry and then use it again, buuuut I can't help thinking I shouldn't do this cos it's wet with wee!!! So surely it'll get smelly or unhygenic... :dohh:

What do you all do?

I don't have weehuggers but I do reuse the Flip outer unless there's poo on it. I dont even bother alternating to be honest, just take one insert out, give it a wipe, put the next insert in and back on it goes! :D

i'm the same as Lu most of the time, I tend to just wipe and reuse. If I'm really lucky P won't have wee'd everywhere during that time! :lol:

I don't wipe them out :blush:, I just drape them over a convenient chair/wipe box/kitchen roll middle to air, then use it on the next change.

Wee is supposedly sterile unless you're ill so I don't think it would be unhygenic with the Weehuggers. I'd just sniff 'em and see if they smell! You could always put a fleece liner underneath the insert to keep the fabric a bit dryer?

i do what jetters does, if i try and put the fresh insert back in the same cover (which i have done) he can pee all over so i hang the cover inside-up on the side of the cot by the changing table til next time. then either put on another flip or different nappy. if i change flip to flip, i have the flip ready (either a fresh one from the stash or put a fresh insert in a dry reused cover from the cot side) before i de-nappy him!

i dont wipe either lol

I dont re use my flip outers very often but that is because I am lazy and throw the whole nappy in the pail rather than seperating them x

I usually let the cover air a little, and use another time (sometimes right away) unless there is poo on it or the legholes are damp (which is rare).

i re-use straight away without airing with both flips and Weehuggers! :thumbup:
(unless of course poo has managed to get on the cover)

Yup, I reuse my flip covers too, if there is no poo and the legholes are dry!

I reuse them right away...actually had a day that I didnt have to use a different cover/diaper til bedtime :) but if poo gets anywhere other than the insert I do change it :)

am I the only one that gets damp leg elastic all the time?! Im guna see if boosting works as we're going to Flips for daytime/just around the house use....and I dont really want to have to use a new cover everytime....

although the fleece liner underneath sounds like a great idea rachael...:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->