Reading to/Music to your belly??

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Is anyone reading to their belly, or using headphones to play music to baby? This is something I'd really like to do, but I feel like a dumbass reading to my stomach :rofl::rofl:

If you are, what are you reading and what music are you playing??

Not us but it's not for a lack of wanting to, just a lack of finding the time :D

I always listen to music... But I always do anyways, its not something I started doing because of the pregnancy.

I listen to everything. I dont use headphones, there is no point, the baby can hear whats going on outside once they reach a certain age.

I don't read to him, but we do talk to him... especially my 3 year old, and he also sings to him. I do sometimes put my OH's cell phone on my bump and play music for him, he either loves it or hates it, lol, cause he kicks it right off.

When I remember to or have the time to, I place a little stuffed flower that plays a lullaby on my tummy that a friend bought me. Sometimes I get a reaction, but not always. I did it the other night and he was having a right little disco inside of me - not sure if it was "yeah I like this music" or "turn this crap off"!!!!

we read to our LO sometimes - we read him childresn stories - mostly the "Garden Gang" which I loved as a child. It's usually just 5 minutes once or twice a week or so as we're laying in bed. Often DB reads adn I can snooze!

At 13 weeks I think you've plenty of time to build your confidence in not feeling so rediculous. Isnt it more around 20 weeks that hearing kicks in?..i may well be wrong.

I play music to LO in the car and sing to it but thats about it lol

My OH reads to my bump every night. We bought the book ''guess how much i love you'' and he reads it and every night i cry as its such a cute sight!

I played music to my first baby and I played this one music for the first time last week. I sit/lay with headphones over my tummy. This time we played a Brian Eno song that used to always calm our daughter when she was a small baby and hubby wanted to introduce the same piece to bump, I tend to play very gentle classical music which i limit to only a few songs and then play the same music after birth if the baby gets upset and doesnt need the usual (feeding, changing etc). It worked really well for our daughter (probably fluke) so we are going to try it again.

I read Charlie a story every night before bed, so as soon as Bubble can hear then s/he'll get the benefit of it.

As for feeling silly. I used to do it in the bath when I was on my own. The water relaxes you both and you feel less conspicuous. :)

I'm on my own, so I don't really feel silly doing it.

I'm always listening to music, but recently i've started reading to it too. I read a chapter a night - Famous five by enid blyton.. I used to love it as a kid...

Em

You can communicate by talking, singing (use our lullaby lyrics, if you're a bit rusty) or why not try reading aloud? Some studies suggest a newborn will suck more vigorously when you feed if you read from a book frequently heard in utero.

from babycentre.com

I've been trying to listen to music with more piano in it now. I'll start reading Harry Potter to it so it'll be prepped and ready to enter the wonderful world of Hogwarts when he/she comes out haha. =D

I've been trying to listen to music with more piano in it now. I'll start reading Harry Potter to it so it'll be prepped and ready to enter the wonderful world of Hogwarts when he/she comes out haha. =D

I should start playing the piano to mine. Haven't played since getting MS so I should start now then by the time Bean can properly hear I'll be good again!

I like the idea of HP. Ours is exposed to Buffy at the moment and we've another 4 series and all of Angel to go through too so it'll be well up on the world of magical fantasy!

I talk to LO every night while I'm in bed. I played music to it for the first time on sunday when I was packing, Geoff came home and laughed at me, a bit of Pantera and Deftones never hurt any one :blush:

I play music to her! I read a book to her: Lola-Rose!:)

And I talk to her all the time...It's sweet when she kicks when I do it(although not often).
Her ears will be much more sensitive soon on so I'll be playing music some more.

You should definitely try.Did Sean Kingston and Timbaland didn't help?

haha no, Sean Kingston and Timbaland didn't do much (I was trying to get he/she to move or kick or something!). But piano all the way for the development. I suppose I'm going to have to try Apologize after all. :rofl:

haha no, Sean Kingston and Timbaland didn't do much (I was trying to get he/she to move or kick or something!). But piano all the way for the development. I suppose I'm going to have to try Apologize after all. :rofl:

:rofl:
If (s)he likes piano play Mozart! They say it improves the intelligence...I doubt you can say the same thing for Apologize...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->