ready made milk v powder

Emma1980

Mummy to Finley
Reaction score
I have had two huge screaming fits with Finley, one today and one last monday, so i was trying to piece it together and the only thing i can think of is that we did baby massage on those days so i took a carton of ready made milk with me, this is the only time i've ever give it him...
actually, thinking about it - i gave him a carton of hungry baby a couple of weeks back and he had a screaming fit then, i just thought the hungry one didnt agree with him....

so - my question, is it even possible that the ready made stuff can cause him issues when the same brand in powdered is fine?!

i think it is, it has to be slightly different or it wouldnt keep? so surely there must be something, i was told its also sweeter!? did you offer it at room temp? does lo usually have warmer bottles? xxx

just to add my lo isnt happy if the bottle isnt warm enough!! fussy little thing!

Another thought could your lo be tired after massage? and not in the mood x

When in hospital my LO never fed well. She had the ready made milk and wouldn't even drink an oz and would scream all the time. When we got home I used the powder milk and she was fine with it and would take 4 oz at a time. Never tried the ready made milk since.

Was the ready made milk cold or heated? Maybe that was the problem that it was different then normal.

Brady is really sick when he has ready made so I don't give it to him anymore. Maybe try taking cooled boiled water in a bottle and some powder with you next time and see how he gets on?

he wont drink milk unless its hot, spits it out at me, so i warm it up when im there... so thats the same...

he falls asleep straight after massage, but only has a half hour, so by the time i get home hes awake again, and this is when it begins (3pm)and doesnt stop until i put him in bed (6.30-7ish), i know hes overtired but theres got to be something else as well, the screams are terrible, its not his normal cry, hes completely inconsolable, it makes me think that hes seriously hurt or somethin so i check him over, nothing, his temps fine, everythings fine but he just doesnt stop screaming - i took him out for 2 hours in the pram - that sends most babies to sleep right? - nope! he just screams!

so then the more he screams makes his reflux play up so he screams more at that and im completely at a loss!

Is this only when you do baby massage? you could try as above a normal feed, or a ready made at home? or have a week off from baby massage, its a process of elimination! Babies eh? xxx

Just to add Finley shares his birthday with my 1st Lo! x

yeah i think i will hafta take my trusty flask next time and make a bottle as normal, just to see if that works... if its not that then its something at baby massage - the oil maybe?! its only baby oil tho!

this week i got home and started running his bath, he loves bath time usually - i used the lavender one for a change thought it would make him sleepy so he could have a good nap - was giggling in the bath but the last few minutes was when the screaming started...

but i didnt do that last week so i havent linked that together...

Must just be the ready made stuff, it has to be, wish it wasnt as its so much more convenient when out and about! but i cant go thru that again

Do you think its maybe wind or trying to do the toilet??? Maybe the baby massage cause his tummy to start moving and he is trying to do a dirty nappy or the massage has given him wind (although I know its supposed to help wind)

Is this only when you do baby massage? you could try as above a normal feed, or a ready made at home? or have a week off from baby massage, its a process of elimination! Babies eh? xxx

well yeah - apart from when i gave him the ready made hungry baby milk - but thats a different one to usual so i thought he just didnt like the hungry baby milk! theres only 2 weeks left at baby massage and he loves it, i really wouldnt want to miss it...

i dont wanna try ready made at home in case i have the same issues again, i honestly cant take it! i phoned FOB and asked for help, i never ever wanted to do that ever! but i couldnt console him :(

Yeah they are diffrent. My LO can drink the ready made ones great where she screams through the powdered ones.

Do you think its maybe wind or trying to do the toilet??? Maybe the baby massage cause his tummy to start moving and he is trying to do a dirty nappy or the massage has given him wind (although I know its supposed to help wind)

its possible? but whenever we massage the diaghram all the babies start burping... i dont have issues with wind anymore since we got rid of colic, though maybe theres something int hat ready made stuff thats making him windy?
he does a dirty nappy between 9-11 every morning, so wouldnt think it was that...

Just googled it and it says that the ready made stuff is exactly the same except for a preservative in it - i'm wondering if hes having a reaction to the preservative?

anyway, hes not having that stuff no more!!!!!!!

I think the ready made one is thicker as my lo takes powered one better

I read (probably on here somewhere) that the preservative acts as a mild laxative so maybe it's that causing him issues? If Leyla seems constipated, I sometimes give her a ready made carton to help things along! I don't think he'd have an upset tummy from it (or they wouldn't sell it!) but maybe it gives him a bit of tummy ache?

nah wasnt that, he goes like clockwork every day between 10-11am - and had nothing extra that day... Finley had colic which is an immature stomach so its possible its still not completely matured, too much of a coincidence that ive had screaming fits on the 3 occasions that hes had ready made milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->