ready to try again after 4 mc

ab75

3 Gorgeous Kids
Reaction score
hi everybody, my OH and i are ready to try again after i've just had my 4th mc, 1st 3 were with a previous partner! i am hoping so much that we will be lucky and everything will be ok next time as i don't know if i could keep trying otherwise. If anybody has any success stories or just want somebody to chat with then please reply. amanda xx

So sorry for all you've lost :hugs:
Me and OH are now trying again after a mc.

Good luck and :dust: x

Hi Amanda,

have you had your miscarriages investigated?
I am going to epu at the end of this month to have anticardiolipin antibodies and lupus anticoagulant bloods taken. I have had 2 miscarriages this year both at around 5 weeks into the pregnancies,I'm39yo so in view of my age I think they are more keen to test me.did you know that you should be having tests after a 3rd miscrriage>?
I also have issues with my thyroid so am having bloods checked to make sure it's stable.I have read recently in the daily mail that coeliac disease can cause miscarriages so gp has tken blods to rule that out too.
I'm sure everything will be ok, but it's worth having yourself checked out as it may be something easily treated..hope this has helped
Take care xx

Hi Amanda,

have you had your miscarriages investigated?
I am going to epu at the end of this month to have anticardiolipin antibodies and lupus anticoagulant bloods taken. I have had 2 miscarriages this year both at around 5 weeks into the pregnancies,I'm39yo so in view of my age I think they are more keen to test me.did you know that you should be having tests after a 3rd miscrriage>?
I also have issues with my thyroid so am having bloods checked to make sure it's stable.I have read recently in the daily mail that coeliac disease can cause miscarriages so gp has tken blods to rule that out too.
I'm sure everything will be ok, but it's worth having yourself checked out as it may be something easily treated..hope this has helped
Take care xx

hi mandy,
yeah i've had tests done,just got to wait on the results now...only another 8 weeks to wait! :cry: seems like forever. hospital said to try again if we want as long as i take folic acid!!! i have IBS so i'll mention to my doc about coeliac disease. thank you.
i will keep in touch. hope everything works out for you :hugs:
amanda xx

Hi Amanda,

This is the link regarding the coaliac disease, i copied it and brought it into my gp, I phoned him yesterday, don't have coeliac disease,and my thyroid is behaving at the moment,so just patiently waiting for my blood tests at the end of the month.

www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1311742/Why-wont-doctors-miscarriage-se... dated 16/09/2010.
good luck ,
Mandy xx

hi mandy,
thanku very much and thanx for the friend request! it's frustrating all the waiting around isn't it?
amanda xx

Hi Honey,

hope you are well.Just reading over our thread, your docs said to make sure you still take your folic acid whilst still trying to concieve, I have read a few other threads and some of the other girls have said that they had been told they would need to take more folic acid than normal, as after the miscarriage your levels become depleted or something, think I'll do a wee bit of digging online about that actually.I'VE been taking 800mcg anyway since my m/c a few weeks ago rather than the usual 400mcgs daily. Have you heard this?
It is so frustrating, I'm learning so much about ttc though being on these forums...It's a complicated journey trying to get up the duff! I mean the fact the egg only lives for 24 hours....
xxx

I'm going to start a thread about folic acid and see if anyone else can shed some light on adequate dosing post miscarriage x

Hi Honey,

hope you are well.Just reading over our thread, your docs said to make sure you still take your folic acid whilst still trying to concieve, I have read a few other threads and some of the other girls have said that they had been told they would need to take more folic acid than normal, as after the miscarriage your levels become depleted or something, think I'll do a wee bit of digging online about that actually.I'VE been taking 800mcg anyway since my m/c a few weeks ago rather than the usual 400mcgs daily. Have you heard this?
It is so frustrating, I'm learning so much about ttc though being on these forums...It's a complicated journey trying to get up the duff! I mean the fact the egg only lives for 24 hours....
xxx

hi mandy, sorry for late reply,haha, still finding my way about this site and didn't know i had replies!!! :wacko:
nobody has mentioned extra folic acid to me. i've started taking pregnacare conception but that still only has 400mcgs. i'll start taking an extra 400mcgs, it won't do me any harm!!
hope you are ok xxx

Hi Honey,

xxx

just been looking at various sites about folic acid and mc...all just saying to take AT LEAST 400mcg,nothing to actually say do or don't increase. they do all say that too much won't do any harm tho!!! so that's me now on 800mcg daily,lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->