real trees?

Discussion in 'Santa's Grotto' started by ryder, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryder

ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

How long do they usually last inside? My OH thinks he would like to try one this year :D

2. brownhairedmom

brownhairedmom Well-Known Member

3-4 weeks I think if you water it right (And they take a TON of water the first couple days)

3. Emsi76

Emsi76 3rd Tri - Team Pink!

Mine have always lasted about 6 weeks, if you get the non needle drop variety, which admittedly are more expensive, but worth every penny!!!

4. ryder

I like real trees, I wish he hadn't wanted one though lol, they sound like alot of work.

5. Blob

Blob Sarah :)

They're not alot of work hun!! We get them out of our wood :lol: but like Emsi says mine last like 6 weeks. We just put them straight up on the stand and decorate them :shrug: Never done anything else.. i looooove real trees have never had a fake one before though, i dont think i could the smell of a real one is just AMAZING!!! Best to get the one that doesnt drop its needles though cos its a pain in the arse to constantly hoover under it everytime you pass!!

6. Farie

Farie Well-Known Member

I don't think they're too much work, they last about 3 weeks ish and a non-drop one is the best for easy-ness.
    As others have said, if you water it it will last longer ... but in the UK a lot of people don't water them as they put them on stands ... We have a stand that takes water for when we have a real one.

7. ryder

Cool! Thanks guys, will def consider it cause they really do look amazing when they are real.

I dont think ive seen anyone water them here? I didn't know thats what you did lol!!

8. CHILLbilly

CHILLbilly Well-Known Member

JUST a reminder........
    WATER THOSE REAL TREES!!!!!!!!!

I saw a video that showed 2 trees...one watered and one that wasn't....the "dry" one caught fire and only took about 3 seconds to be fully engulfed in flames..the whole room went up shortly after.....
    Very dangerous if you don't take care of them as well as have smoke detectors.

My OH is firefighter.......so i get to watch all the "fire videos"...
    So BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!! ( no candles anywhere near a tree)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.