real trees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
How long do they usually last inside? My OH thinks he would like to try one this year :D

3-4 weeks I think if you water it right (And they take a TON of water the first couple days)

Mine have always lasted about 6 weeks, if you get the non needle drop variety, which admittedly are more expensive, but worth every penny!!!

I like real trees, I wish he hadn't wanted one though lol, they sound like alot of work.

They're not alot of work hun!! We get them out of our wood :lol: but like Emsi says mine last like 6 weeks. We just put them straight up on the stand and decorate them :shrug: Never done anything else.. i looooove real trees have never had a fake one before though, i dont think i could the smell of a real one is just AMAZING!!! Best to get the one that doesnt drop its needles though cos its a pain in the arse to constantly hoover under it everytime you pass!!

I don't think they're too much work, they last about 3 weeks ish and a non-drop one is the best for easy-ness.
As others have said, if you water it it will last longer ... but in the UK a lot of people don't water them as they put them on stands ... We have a stand that takes water for when we have a real one.

Cool! Thanks guys, will def consider it cause they really do look amazing when they are real.

I dont think ive seen anyone water them here? I didn't know thats what you did lol!!

JUST a reminder........
WATER THOSE REAL TREES!!!!!!!!!

I saw a video that showed 2 trees...one watered and one that wasn't....the "dry" one caught fire and only took about 3 seconds to be fully engulfed in flames..the whole room went up shortly after.....
Very dangerous if you don't take care of them as well as have smoke detectors.

My OH is firefighter.......so i get to watch all the "fire videos"...
So BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!! ( no candles anywhere near a tree)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"