Really don't know...

paigekins

Proud Mama of Twin Boys
Reaction score
Hi there. I don't know if I should be posting here, but I'm so worried. I hate to moan, because I know that there are people way worse off with far bigger problems, but it's hard to think of anything but your children.

My twin boys are almost 12 weeks old. They were 4 weeks premature. I love my pediatrician, but I feel like I'm being brushed aside a bit. I'm super worried about their development, but he just keeps reminding me that they were premature and little and to "give them time." I'm afraid if I give them that much time, it'll be too late to do anything about it!

They're 12 weeks old and they:
Don't smile
Don't notice their hands
Don't recognize a bottle
Sleep a lot
Only make eye contact sometimes
Often seem restless
Don't "talk" to me
Don't prefer looking at faces
Don't swat at toys
Are OBSESSED with their pacifiers

Anyone have this type of behavior with their child? Yes, my boys were premature but not THAT premature. What do I do? I feel so helpless. I hate not knowing and not knowing what to do and not knowing how to help them.

maybe get a second opinion just to make sure everything is okay

Sorry I cant be much help

Although they were only a little prem you may still be looking at corected age for miletones
Not sure about all the points but my LO only found her hands at about 10 weeks corrected and still doesnt swat at toys.
You could maybe try you're HV or GP

Hope you get some advice x

i wouldnt worry too much , i know its easier said than done .

my nephew just turned 4 months and is doing great but at 12 weeks he wasnt doing much :nope: seems the last few weeks hes come on quickly.

id ask your gp if your still worried , but give them some time im sure they will be happy , healthy babies.

and as i always say better to be over-protective than under-protective :hugs:

I think if you're really worried I would get a 2nd opinion. xx

My daugheter was just over 3 weeks prem, she didnt really do any of that until about 10 weeks, I was told to allow the 3 week difference, I wouldnt start worrying yet, She smiled first, she is now 4 months/17 weeks and basically smiles, makes some cooing noises, will look at her hands, not grabbing things deliberately, I would personally say it sounds fine, give it a couple of more weeks x

I really wouldn't worry at all yet. Technically they are 8 weeks corrected and that's still so so young - I wouldn't even worry if they were full term at this point. Your list sounds pretty normal for that young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->