Really FAT....so uncomfortable.

Spudtastic

Reaction score
I just want a rant....

I am usually normal weight - but right at the top of the weight range so an extra kilo or two will make me 'overweight' according to my bmi.

I fell pregnant last October and I put on about 6 kilos by the time my 12 week scan came around. Sadly my baby had died at ten weeks. i waited an extra 7 weeks and then had an erpc at the end of january.

I am such an emotional eater, so instead of using my time to lose the weight again I ate to console myself and get past my grief. My the time I fell pregnant again at the beginning of May I had put on another 5 kilos. I was feeling very fat to start with at the beginning of this pregnancy and it's only going to get worse.

I know the important thing is that I have a healthy baby and I have plenty of time after the birth to lose the weight again.

It's just that I'm catching up with my very slim friends who I haven't seen in a year or so...and I'm fat, podgy, my hair is a mess and I'm spotty from hormones. One friend is bringing her fiance who I have never met and he is a tv presenter so is around well groomed slender ladies.

Honestly, they are lovely people, they won't care what I look like, only how I am doing. I just feel so yukky in myself. My clothes don't fit at 15 weeks (even my fat clothes - you know the ones at the back of the cupboard that get brought out after that holiday). I just ordered some nice maternity clothes today but they won't be here in time.

Anyway, I just wanted to rant. I know it's not all about how we look as the baby is the important thing but sometimes I just wish i hadn''t been so heavy to start with.

Oh honey!! I am so sorry for your loss and what you had to go thru.. it's very understandable to go thru emotional eating during a period like that!
I know very well how you feel about gaining and trying to focus on the baby but its not a switch you can flip.. some of us just can't stop caring about the weight gain..
with my first I gained close to 40 kilos and I was a normal BMI before that( not thin but normal) and the first time I ever get to such high weight and considered overweight and probably borderline obese at the time!!! It totally got me depressed and I couldn't feel happy till I lost a big chunk of it..I couldn't look at myself in the mirror..not just the fat part but also the spotting on the face and the nose getting big and ugly and i'm not that tall so it all shows real quick on my bum and thighs...I envy the ladies who just have a basket ball belly and nothing anywhere else..
try to think of it this way though, you are still 15 weeks so if you can continue this pregnancy eating as healthy as you can then you will save yourself plenty of dieting later on and as soon as your beautiful baby comes out you can start working on yourself and get just the way you want to be!
Good luck hun and I hope you have a wonderful easy pregnancy

I started this pregnancy about 10 lbs heavier than I am used to being so I am also feeling very fat. I know I have to gain weight during pregnancy, but it is hard seeing such big numbers on the scale now! I would suggest setting a fitness goal for yourself for after the baby is born, like a running race or yogathon or bike race or whatever it is that you like to do. That way when you are feeling fat, you can just remind yourself that you will lose the weight when you are training for your goal after the baby is born. I am doing an Ironman triathlon 7 months after the baby is born, and that is what is keeping me sane when I step on the scale!

Oh you poor darling x I always feel like that lol pregnant or not, nothing you can do about it apart from slap a load of makeup on and smile xxxx I am sure you look nothing like you think you do xxx

I can definately relate to how your feeling , i fell pregnant at the end of last year and found out at 12 week scan it was a mmc at 9 weeks I too had gained weight 7 kg in that 12 weeks , I fell pregnant 5 weeks later and have gained another 7 kg at 23 weeks , so I'm 14 kg up and was already just in overweight range . I feel so dissapointed in myself but I'm trying to eat healthy and hopefully keep the rest of weight gain to a minimum. Can you go out and buy an outfit before the catch up ? New clothes do wonders for me :) either way go out and enjoy , your growing a beautiful baby and there's plenty of time to get back on track after bubs is here . Xo

I totally sympathize. I went through a lot of years of fertility treatments and by the time they finally worked I was in the "overweight" category, BMI wise. Hormones and the emotional rollercoaster of it all just makes you gain weight. I wish I could be one of those pregnant ladies who is all skinny with a bump, but "such is life".

I saw myself in the mirror naked yesterday and it bummed me out big time too. I love my bump and I'm sooo thrilled to be able to have one at all, but it does stink to be this size and know I'm only going to get bigger. But, this is one of the few times in your adult life when people will actually encourage you to gain weight, and excuse you for being bigger (or they should if they don't)! So, you might as well sink in to it and just make plans for how to lose the weight when its over :)

I'm sorry you're feeling that way, it really can take a toll on your self esteem, however BMI is a joke! I once heard it was based on old white skinny men in the 1930s lol ;) don't know how much truth there is to that but I do know it's completely ridiculous, just google "same BMI on different bodies" when I was a stick figure in high school I was classified as overweight! I got made fun of because of how thin I was but somehow according to the medical community I was overweight-anyhow, try to enjoy your pregnancy as much as possible, you're growing a baby and whether or not you're sporting a large bump yet, your body is already changing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->