Really Headed to Kindergarten

SarahBear

Reaction score
Wow, I've got an almost-Kindergartener! Kindergarten Roundup is just over a week away, and I'll be picking up a registration form for their summer program today. Now I just need to sort out 504 information and figure out when you actually register... I have no idea if that's part of "Kindergarten Round up" or if "Kindergarten Roundup" is just an informational sort of session? I work for public schools and I have no idea what this looks like!

Anyway, Violet is so ready for school. She is a highly auditory learner which will serve her well as a student and she needs that social aspect of school. Socially and emotionally, she needs some growth and I'm hoping school will help facilitate that for her. When it comes to Kindergarten needs, that's what she needs the most.

For those of you getting ready to send your child to his/her first year of public schooling, how are you feeling about things? How about your kids?

Valla is going to K in the fall and I'm so excited! Like you, I think she needs to go for the social/emotional side of things far more than the "academic" side of things. We have a session to attend the school at the end of this month so that should be good too. I remember being 4 and turning 5. I'm so excited for my babies to grow up!

I bet Violet will love Kindergarten!

Maria starts first grade, so first year of "proper" school where she can't just rock up half an hour late because she was playing in the forest which she occasionally does now! She has to have a health check up in the summer with the school nurse and I got sent a big in-depth questionnaire about her health, home life and school life to fill in for it. I suppose it helps them figure out what the children need and what their state of health, both physical and mental/emotional, is so they can see easier if something is wrong. Lots of questions to answer though.

How exciting! My baby will be going to kindergarten this fall too!

Feels like only yesterday we were all pregnant and using this forum. Where has that time gone. My dd started reception in September and she was definitely in need of the social side of school rather than the academic. She loves it.

Hope she has a lovely time ��

I have the registration paperwork. I will need to have a meeting (probably sometimes in August) to create a medical 504 plan since she has epilepsy and needs to have a plan and medications available for emergency situations. Speaking with her preschool teacher today though, it seems (as I suspected) her behavior will also need to be discussed with the teacher. I don't think she'll need anything written into a plan at this point, but a good heads up would likely be a good start... She has some serious difficulty with body awareness and this combined with fluctuating impulse control problems can make for some difficulties with fine and gross motor skills as well as difficulties managing social situations. I know some of the social difficulties are typical of young children, but she is the oldest in her preschool and her deficits still stand out.

Mine still has one year left and I am already nervous haha. cutoff here is 30 june(and i am nervous about handing in the paperwork ontime which is usually in january xd)
By her academical ability she is defo ready for school but I dont think she could do a whole day sitting inside getting taught thing yet.

My oldest will be going into kindergarten in the fall, but not public school. We are planning to homeschool.

I just sent Violet to her first day of this summer program they do at her school. It is essentially three weeks of half time school in the summer. It really feels different to sending her off to preschool. School is not an institution I am thrilled to be sending her to, but it sounds like it went well. Here's hoping things continue to go well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->