really large clots?

veganmum2be

1 Son two angels.
Reaction score
so medical miscarriage was sunday.
they said bleeding would settle down in next few days, and there will be clots.
i do always get clots on my period, however i'm passing really large clots one this morning was at a guess 5cm long and 1cm wide, the biggest clot i've had other than what i passed at hospital. and every time i go to the loo there is a clot on my pad and i pass one whilst sat on the loo.
they're that big i can feel them pass through me.
is this really normal?

sorry for TMI.
thanks in advance for any help. :) just really worried.

Hi Huny i am so sorry for ur loss. I am not sure if there is a definete on how big or little the clots are supposed to be, mine were big but it wasnt how you described it where i coulod feel them coming away from me? I think you should see how u are tomorrow and if this carrys on then maybe speak with ur GP chicken?? How far along were u? Just because i was very early on with my last mc 5+5 and the bleeding wasnt very heavy but in july i was 10+2 and the bleeding was awful & lots of black clots (sorry tmi)

I hope things ease up for u huny x chin up ok sweet x here if u need a chat ok x lov Caz x x x

i was 8 weeks, i haven't had a clot as large as i described sinse, but they're still really large. i am worried, but i'll see how it goes through the next few days.
thankyou for replying hun :) xx

I could feel the clots as they were passing too. It's to be expected. :hugs:

Sorry for your loss...saw lots of your posts on teen before :(

Yeah it is normal...I had that, although did end up losing a bit too much blood and had to be admitted, so watch out for feeling light-headed etc...also if it goes on for a while I'd ask to be checked over too, hope you're ok, take care xx

i do feel i am bleeding a bit to much, so i'm going to ring the day unit tomorrow, i'm going through 2 heavy duty pads an hour! :(

Yeah probs good to ring up, just to make sure everything's ok, will reassure you a bit too, let us know how it goes, here if you need anything btw x

That is a lot of bleeding. You should get checked out just to be sure.

I agree, that's definately a lot of blood. I miscarried naturally in Sept and bleeding was relatively heavy for first 2 days - not to the extent i was using 2 pads in 1hr though - and then it tailed off. Have you called the doc yet?

no i haven't rang i guess i'm putting it off as i dont want to go to the unit, be surrounded by pregnant people, and then possibly end up with an ultrasound to see if everything is ok.
i'll just stick it out a bit longer.
xx

If you start to get light-headed or sick, please go in. I understand not wanting to go in for now though.

Are you still bleeding enough to go through two pads on an hour? I personally would call your EPU tomorrow or NHS direct just to check what they think.

Do you have anyone with you while you are going through this? Just in case you do start to feel dizzy or light headed :hugs:

yep still 2 pads an hour. i have to set an alarm in the night, cos the first night i didn't and the bed got covered(TMI)

my boyfriend is in alot, and with me every night, i'm feeling ok.
i'll see how i am tomorrow.

if you were on prenatal vitamins with iron the extra iron in your system can help your blood clot. It's the body's normal reaction to bleeding. I've been passing extremely interesting ones but now I'm just down to spotting after passing the rest of what I presume was uterine lining mixed with some small bits of placenta in a clot. It was odd but all cramping and all bleeding subsequently have ceased to exist beyond mild spotting and I checked my cervix today to finding it high and closed. I think I'm out of the woods.

Keep in mind that clots CAN form in the vagina and not necessarily in the uterus/cervix. That's the explanation from my doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->