Really need some advice/reassurance

Reason

mum to 2 and 2 Angelbabie
Reaction score
hi everyone, I'm new here but really could do with your advice/reassurance if you can give it. First of all after having 2 healthy children (aged 11 and 7) I miscarried at 17 weeks last December. Have had every test done and nothing obvious for the reason. Now I'm pregnant again and the consultant said she wanted me to have an early scan which I was pleased about. So off I went last Monday to have this scan. By my dates I was 8 weeks pregnant. Anyway they did both an ultrasound and a transvaginal scan. Both showed the gestational sac and yolk sac but no fetal pole. I was told it could be one of 2 things, either my dates were wrong or the baby hasn't developed. I've been told to go back Bank Holiday Monday for another scan. They also told me I've got a tilted uterus which I didnt know. Since the scan I've been having a brown discharge on and off every day and today I've been having tummy pains. I wouldn't call them cramps, more like a pain in my middle side. And my back is really really hurting. Paracetamol is easing it. The midwife at my EPU said that as long as the loss wasn't red then I'm not to worry but that it could be the start of something. I'm really really worried about it all. I've spoken to other ladies who say that if you've got a tilted uterus then it's very difficult to find anything at an early scan. Does anyone know anything about what I've told you? Any advice greatly appreciated

Oh sweetheart, I'm sorry, I'm don't have any experience of tilted uteruses. Just didn't want to read and run. Hope someone has an answer for you soon xx

Thanks Caramel for replying even though you couldn't offer my any advice x

Hey hope everything works out for you, i'll say a prayer for you. i say one every night and ask god to keep my baby safe.
:hug:

I had some spotting with brown discharge and I went into the ER. After a vaginal sonogram they told me I was most likely going to lose my baby. They told me I was supposed to be 8 weeks but the size of the sac was only 5 weeks. There was a sac and yolk but like you no fetal pole. I also had a small amount of blood on the outside of the sac. They scheduled me in for a scan 3 weeks after my ER visit and sure enough my baby has developed. I seen its little heart beating in its chest, the baby even moved its head a little, and everything is normal. There is hope for you hun! Just pray, stay positive, and have faith everything will be okay. In the mean time I would suggest what my OB suggested to me. If you can take off of work/school, drink lots of fluids, take prenatal vitamins, take many naps during the day, lay on your left side, no sex, no heavy lifting, and stay off of your feet as much as possible. I wish you the best of luck sweety and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! :hugs: :dust:

Thank you so much Shauna, it helps a lot to know others have gone through exactly what I am. Yesterday was the worst cos of backache and tummy pains but thank goodness for paracetamol. My dates put me at 8 weeks when I had the scan and the gest sac showed 7+4. They didnt say I was deffo gonna lose the baby but did say if it still wasnt there in 2 weeks then it means it hasnt developed. They also told me I have a tilted uterus which I've read lots about on here, and hopefully this could be the reason they couldnt see babe. But it's been 6 days since the scan and I've got another 8 to go..... the longest 2 weeks of my life. I put myself on 24 hr bedrest on Saturday and hubby is doing all the running around for me. I'm lucky in that I don't work, but just feel totally and utterly helpless. Fingers crossed that I'll be as lucky as you.

Thank you so much Shauna, it helps a lot to know others have gone through exactly what I am. Yesterday was the worst cos of backache and tummy pains but thank goodness for paracetamol. My dates put me at 8 weeks when I had the scan and the gest sac showed 7+4. They didnt say I was deffo gonna lose the baby but did say if it still wasnt there in 2 weeks then it means it hasnt developed. They also told me I have a tilted uterus which I've read lots about on here, and hopefully this could be the reason they couldnt see babe. But it's been 6 days since the scan and I've got another 8 to go..... the longest 2 weeks of my life. I put myself on 24 hr bedrest on Saturday and hubby is doing all the running around for me. I'm lucky in that I don't work, but just feel totally and utterly helpless. Fingers crossed that I'll be as lucky as you.

So sorry that you are going through this uncertainty. I hope that the tilted uterus is the reason that baby was hiding. Also very sorry to hear about your previous loss, that must have been heartbreaking.

Just want to say what a lovely forum this is. In the space of a few hours last night, I'd read your stories and now am feeling much more positive. So many of you have experienced what I'm going through and still have healthy pregnancies. Thank you all so much for sharing

hi Polaris, thanks for your thoughts. Losing Ben last year was the worst thing I've ever had to cope with, especially as there was no obvious cause. But fingers crossed that this little one will make it. x

I'm sorry you're having such a worrying time :hugs: I will have my fingers crossed for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->