Really need some advice :(

newbie1992

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Hope you can all help me.

Worked out my dates, booked an early viability scan for 6w. I see an OB who is amazing and top of the game so I love seeing her. I did throughout my first pregnancy so always planned to see her again.

Scan was Monday when i should have been 5w6d. She said either dates are too early or there is no baby. If I was as far as I said I was, I've miscarried but the likelihood are the dates are wrong. She said there was a good sized gestational sac and yolk sac and she would date it at 5w and if it was 5w, she wouldn't have been able to see a baby anyway.

She didn't do an internal, just an abdominal. So the day after, Tuesday, I went to a scan at my local NHS hospital (where the consultant also works) and saw a doctor there who performed an internal and saw the same as my private doctor. I told her about my private scan and the consultant it was with and she said that consultant is amazing, well respected and she is basically top dog at that hospital.

I am going back to see her on monday but I'm soooooooo upset and anxious. Im really hoping I hadn't ever had this done and just waited for the 12w scan! Just want to hear from others in the same position.. Need to find ways to pass the time until Monday!

Thanks girls xx

My OB won't scan till 7 weeks at the earliest, because she says there is nothing to see. Try not to worry too much and go back in a few weeks - I bet you'll see your little bean with a heart beat. FX for you!!

I dated back at my first scan and now I'm on track with dates, before 7 weeks is so hit and miss to see anything. Try and relax as much as possible until next appointment when hopefully you'll have more answers 😀😀

Early testing is such a nightmare! I had an early test with my third son and I regret it because it was so stressful. This time around I am just waiting until the Dr. Normally sees patients.

They won't do scan here that early for that reason. standard is 12-13 for nuchal and then 20 for anatomy. You see so many stressed out ladies that all turns out fine for from these early scans! Hope you get good news at the next one.

My OB doesn't do a scan until 7 weeks and they do a transvaginal. They don't date pregnancy until 12 weeks either. I'm hoping everything turns out well for you. Early scans can be nerve wrecking.

Thanks everyone.

Atleast its Thursday now, only a couple more days.

I know my OB is good and she said at six weeks she should definitely see something else so she put me back to five weeks and i don't know why I'm so upset because at five weeks she has seen exactly what she should have done.

Im just struggling to feel positive that in the space of a week, a baby will appear with a little heartbeat, but i suppose it has to appear at some point!

Im going out today with my dad (its payday so hopefully that will help!) and then will keep busy tomorrow, then weekends are always busy because I have my little daughter home from nursery for the weekend and then my husband is off work on sunday and then the appointment is on monday evening.

I am just worried I am making myself sick doing all of this. I don't know whether to go back into that walk-in tomorrow or not. I will be embarrassed if i see the same consultant who told me to wait a few weeks!

I agree, it is unlikely that there would be anything to see before 6 weeks even vaginally. The baby is still extremely tiny.

I would wait till monday, and I know the waiting game is hard!! Especially if you are already nervous about it. The chance that you would be able to see something on monday is better than taking a chance of not seeing anything again when you go to the walk in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->